VHDL code libraries for student

Post by djsilv.. » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hello:

I am relatively new to VHDL and am looking for sample code on the web.
In particular, I need modules for subtracting,  comparing, and finding
the mean of two 10 bit values.  Does anyone have any quick suggestions
on where I should look?

Thank you all for your time.

Dan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Najib Adala » Wed, 17 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hello:

> I am relatively new to VHDL and am looking for sample code on the web.
> In particular, I need modules for subtracting,  comparing, and finding
> the mean of two 10 bit values.  Does anyone have any quick suggestions
> on where I should look?

> Thank you all for your time.

> Dan

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi,
this site has some very code examples, and tutorials.
Good luck
http://www.vahana.com/examples.htm

1. VHDL semantics, is there a public domain vhdl parser, vhdl--verilog converter

Hi :

1. I am looking at some VHDL code that is synthesizable and accepted by Synopsis
synthesis. It has some outputs declared and initialized, as  in for eg.
out1 <= '0';   -- declared and initialized simulataneously
out2 <=1;
out3
.
.

case state IS
        WHEN IDLE => state <= busy;
                   out2 <= '0';
        WHEN BUSY => state <= idle;
                   out1 <= '1';

etc...

 Qa. If some output is not assigned to in the case state is statement does it take on its
     old value.
 Qb. Secondly does synopsis synthesis generate latches for these outputs?

The problem I am trying to solve is take a VHDL description of a design and translate it
to Verilog. In Verilog outputs are normally declared as wires.

Q2. Is there a public domain VHDL parser? Is there a public domain VHDL to Verilog converter?

I would appreciate any help/information. Please email your responses to:

Thanks,
Sriram

2. NVRAM question

3. Importing VHDL Code?

4. Is everyone having massive memory issues in vs.net?

5. Example of difference between vhdl code and synthesis

6. How is my microvax backed up?

7. VHDL source code of PCI controller implemetation

8. FS: 3.1 ROM upgrade kits $99 USD

9. VHDL code for synthesis

10. Looking for a large vhdl code

11. In Search of Graphical VHDL Code Generators for FPGA Design

12. 16th DASC tutorial : VHDL CODE DESIGN and VERIFICATION TECHNIQUES

13. Obscuring Code For Customers (was VHDL Obfuscators)