Modeler Help - Parts

Post by Robert Milla » Wed, 07 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm trying to assemble some components into an assembly drawing. The
components where drawn together in one file for design purposes, and
created into parts into separate design files. The problem comes when I try
to assemble them into one file. When I place the first joint into the file
I am unable to check if it is placed correctly as I can't manipulate it.
For some reason it won't select the object. It's says that "no element is
selected". If I select it with the "select element" tool it finds it OK.
Even stranger is if I render the object it appears rendered but either
scaled right down or zoomed right out.
This is driving me nuts!
I'm using the latest version of Modeler for Win95, MS95 on a P150, 64meg
Ram.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Please email any help as I can't always get on here to check.

Thanks
--
Rob Millar

Modeler Help - Parts

Post by Bentl » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

Robert,

When you create parts, you should be very careful in selecting the origin of the
part, as this is the point that will be used to attach the part. When you attach
it, you can position the part correctly. When you want to move it later, you can
use the Move Feature command to move the part, or you can use Manipulate Part to
move the part using the joint settings that you defined when you attached the
part.

About the rendering problem, I suspect that you have different working units in
your assembly file than in your part file. You should have the same working units
set up in all files of the assembly.

Hope this helps, and if you have any more questions please ask.
Regards,

Martin Waardenburg
Bentley Systems, Inc.