PowerScope's view of Modeler files utilizing parts!!!

PowerScope's view of Modeler files utilizing parts!!!

Post by Shawn Kell » Tue, 03 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It seems that PowerScope has all the capability to read a modeler file and
work some of the rendering functions though when opening a file that
contains Modeler parts attached the file is viewed empty.

Can anyone out in the great  Microstation world give me any insight to if it
possible to properly view a Microstation Modeler file that utilizes Modeler
parts through PowerScope?

Thanks,
Shawn Kelly
Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
Allentown, Pa 18103

PowerScope's view of Modeler files utilizing parts!!!

Post by Olav Engelsgjer » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Shawn,
I have not seen this problem in the latest version of PowerScope. (V7.1)
With parts made in Modeler 7.1 it works well.

Regards,
Olav Engelsgjerd
Jaertek
Norway

Quote:> It seems that PowerScope has all the capability to read a modeler file and
> work some of the rendering functions though when opening a file that
> contains Modeler parts attached the file is viewed empty.

> Can anyone out in the great  Microstation world give me any insight to if
it
> possible to properly view a Microstation Modeler file that utilizes
Modeler
> parts through PowerScope?

> Thanks,
> Shawn Kelly
> Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
> Allentown, Pa 18103

1. How to Utilize .dwg files to produce SolidWorks parts

How to Utilize .dwg files to produce SolidWorks parts

Help,  I'm a student in need of some help:
My assignment is:
    To open a 2D .dwg file, make some dimensional changes, convert to solid
extrusion, and add a curved extruded cut calibration scale of numbers and
linear marks along a curved edge.
1. How to use .dwg 2D files so that I can convert them into Solid Parts in
SolidWorks.
    a. I can import them.
    b. I can select the gray curve, piece by piece, to get a blue line.
    c. But when I try to Extrude the shape I get "The Sketch has more than
one open contour"  OK, but I can not find anything in the Getting Started
manual regarding "join" or "joining", "connect" or "connecting", "close" or
"closing"; nor is there any help in the "Help"  Where is the tool for
connecting line segment?  The "Extend" tool doesn't do it.  The "Close
Sketch to Model" just give the message that "The sketch cannot be closed.",
so that's no help.
    There must be an easy way to do this.  Any suggestions anyone?

2.  How to create or import curved text and line markings that can be
applied to a part so the curve of the text and line marking match the curve
of the edge of the extruded part.  I can create text and lines but can not
find a way in Solid Works on how to curve them to match another curve.  I
can import them but SolidWorks does not see them.  What to do?  Does Solid
Works have these capabilities or is it lacking in these areas?  Does anyone
have a clue.

Thanks,
            Dwight

2. Bookmark goes to new window

3. Cherche listing des sociétés de l'est de la france qui utilise Pro/ENG

4. Permissions problem?

5. Xilinx 4013 80% utilized but won't route

6. 16 mb RAM limit?

7. Assembly's Parts Disappear from View in 2003

8. Problem with Lexmark Envelope Feeder

9. Export a Modeler Sheet View to a 2D DGN or DXF file

10. I can't set 'Default display mode for new drawing views'

11. Q: assemblies that utilize files that are not in the working directory

12. Same part name in 2 subasssy's - now wrong part shows !

13. Microstation / Modeller 'J' with ATI Rage Pro Fury 32Mb GFX Card.