Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by Tod » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 01:58:42



My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
AutoTrack?

does anyone know how much the AutoTRACK program costs? and how it
compares with AutoTURN?

 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by Fran » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:44:58


Don't really have an answer for this.  But you can post your question on
http://www.engsoftwarecenter.com
This website is dedicated solely for civil engineering software.

Good Luck,

Frank


> My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
> program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
> AutoTrack?

> does anyone know how much the AutoTRACK program costs? and how it
> compares with AutoTURN?


 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by Bobby Tushus » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 04:17:35


Yes, we demoed both and bought AutoTurn.

As far as I can remember, with autotrack the user has to drive the truck
around by telling the program how much to turn the wheels at every point
along the path - i.e. the user has to be an expert truck driver, otherwise
the results are mis-leading and therefore useless.
In contrast, with autoturn the user has to tell the program where the truck
needs to drive to and at what speed, and it will draw the swept path so that
you can see if it fits.
I think both programs were a similar price.
I seem to remember that there was also a 3rd system that was rejected, but I
can't remember what it was called. So I apologise to the authors if I have
confused the 3rd program with autotrack. If anyone else knows please speak
know...

Bob.


Quote:> My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
> program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
> AutoTrack?

> does anyone know how much the AutoTRACK program costs? and how it
> compares with AutoTURN?

 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by Herbert Koen » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 09:00:00




Quote:> My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
> program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
> AutoTrack?

Hello Todd

it took me (german) a long time to understand swept path.

Well we develop and sell such a program ourselves (no use for you,
only german, no mph) so I can give you some information about that
kind of software.

Prices (ours and our competitors) are about 1500Euro, which would be
something less in USD.

Analysis which can be done:
-In germany when it goes to court the only things that counts is if
the swept-path curves printed in the road-design regulations fit. So
we included these as ACAD-drawings.

-You can drive a car (including truck and trailer) forewards and
backwards through your drawing which, as somebody else pointed out
requires knwledge in truck driving. But you can generate the driven
course this way, edit it in ACAD and use it for further analysis.

-you can drive your vehicle forewards at constant speed along
acad-contours, where the max. speed to turn the steering-wheel
determines how close the car can follow the path at your chosen speed.
You can define the point of the car which follows the path inside and
outside the car, eg 10inches to the rigt of the rear axis.

-you can drive your vehicle forewards exacly along a leading path
(acad-contour) and have the program determine the speed at which the
car can follow this track.

-you have an editor to define custom vehicles and trailers including
rear-wheel steering for vehicles and trailers.

The program gives you the swept path, the traces of the wheel, the
leading point and collisions with contours you defined. In addition
you get a protocol of speed and steering-angles and (of course) an
animation.

As there is no chance to sell our program to you :-)) I can tell you
what features are desirable but not availiable with our or our
competitors software.

-It would be nice to define the limit of a swept path (i.e. right hand
side pavement) and tell the vehicle to follow as close as possible but
not cross the border.
There is a product named trucktrix which seems to attempt this but not
ACAD-based
-driving backwards not only by manual control
-full 3d analysis for crossing railways with long vehicles or
entrances to multi-storey carparks.

Until five minutes ago i felt that my english is in good working
condition but here I even can't find the specific words in my
dictionary :-))

btw, when you bought a program, I'd be happy if you tell me of any
good feature it has, which I didn't mention.

hth

Herbert

 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by WallyBr » Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:10:38


i did swept path analyses at lockheed for moving this huge truck and trailer
around the launch pad. I just did it with blocks and certain rules given by the
people who did it by hand. It worked real well and was very cheap ($0) and the
'by-hand' people kept saying 'How'd you do that?' ( I could do 10 analyses while
they were doing one.)


> Yes, we demoed both and bought AutoTurn.

> As far as I can remember, with autotrack the user has to drive the truck
> around by telling the program how much to turn the wheels at every point
> along the path - i.e. the user has to be an expert truck driver, otherwise
> the results are mis-leading and therefore useless.
> In contrast, with autoturn the user has to tell the program where the truck
> needs to drive to and at what speed, and it will draw the swept path so that
> you can see if it fits.
> I think both programs were a similar price.
> I seem to remember that there was also a 3rd system that was rejected, but I
> can't remember what it was called. So I apologise to the authors if I have
> confused the 3rd program with autotrack. If anyone else knows please speak
> know...

> Bob.



> > My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
> > program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
> > AutoTrack?

> > does anyone know how much the AutoTRACK program costs? and how it
> > compares with AutoTURN?

--
Live in Beauty,
Wally Bru

If you want to know me,
look inside your heart.
       Lao-tsu

Please visit my web site at: www.McMillanEngineers.com

 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by brian whatco » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:23:50


How could you choose to use common sense and low cost methods,
*and* get faster usable answers. There's just no justice!  :-)

Brian W

>i did swept path analyses at lockheed for moving this huge truck
>and trailer around the launch pad. I just did it with blocks and
>certain rules given by the people who did it by hand. It worked
> real well and was very cheap ($0) and the 'by-hand' people kept
> saying 'How'd you do that?' ( I could do 10 analyses while they
>were doing one.)
>Live in Beauty,
>Wally Bru

>If you want to know me,
>look inside your heart.
>       Lao-tsu

>Please visit my web site at: www.McMillanEngineers.com

>> Yes, we demoed both and bought AutoTurn.

>> As far as I can remember, with autotrack the user has to drive the truck
>> around by telling the program how much to turn the wheels at every point
>> along the path - i.e. the user has to be an expert truck driver, otherwise
>> the results are mis-leading and therefore useless.

/snip/

Brian Whatcott   Altus OK

        Eureka!

 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by AJS » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 05:59:02


I use AutoTrack, never used Autoturn so cannot comment.  Savoy Computing
make AutoTrack, check out their website

www.savoy.co.uk


Quote:> My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
> program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
> AutoTrack?

> does anyone know how much the AutoTRACK program costs? and how it
> compares with AutoTURN?

 
 
 

Has anyone heard of a swept path analysis software called AutoTRACK?

Post by Iain » Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:58:50


Hey Todd,
I have used Autotrack for many years as a design tool for highway
improvements and for housing estate design, if you have any queries you can
e-mail me here or on my work one.
Blue Skies

Iain Miskimmin


Quote:> My company is looking to purchase a swept path analysis software
> program. so far, we've found out about AutoTURN and have heard of
> AutoTrack?

> does anyone know how much the AutoTRACK program costs? and how it
> compares with AutoTURN?

 
 
 

1. Has anyone heard of "E-Z-MRP" from Alliance Software?

I have a software package in front of me by Alliance software called
E-Z-MRP.  I am wondering if anyone out there has heard of a simpler or at
least similar package from any competitors.  My client wants a small
factory package that:

1) Can interface with Autocad
2) Will track inventories (from start to finish) of
projects/assemblies/products as they move through the plant in question
3) Does accounting/time mgmt.
4) Can do an "electronic" bill of materials

Any ideas out there?  Please respond by e-mail.  Thanks!
--
Regards,
        Matt Henterly
                "If you don't know where your going,
                        you're there."   -- Anon.

2. Web Enabled Spreadsheets

3. ANYONE heard about VIEWPOINT software eport Solidworks Files to it

4. How does win95 get *drivers* for network printers.

5. Sweep problem (follow path is not following my path)

6. TAT-9 News

7. Anyone tried Rand's Procision Meshless Analysis software?

8. MDT to SW

9. AEG:AutoTRACK, plot logging software for AutoCAD

10. NEW!! Plot logging software for AutoCAD: AEG:AutoTRACK

11. problem of having no DC path between two nodes of diode in a model

12. Having a DLM (DLL) call an MDL app

13. MicroCSL calls - Having problem