Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

Post by R Wilcoc » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 20:05:25

Just a few little niggles which i have been meaning to clear up at some
point...

- i can use the cursors A and B by pressing 'a' and 'b' bindkeys but I have
not figured out how to get rid of them once i take the measurement.

- if I open a layout the LSW window opens but it never closes when i try and
close it, it just stays there and i cannot figure out a way to close it

- I work in current mode and every time i use analog artist I have to go to
outputs save all then select terminal currents. How can i set this one time
only in my .cdsinit_personal file? Also I always go to results plotting
options and check overlay plots and plot after each selection - i would love
to add this as defualt in my .cdsinit_personal file too but am not sure how.

Many thanks for the help.

Reuben

Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

Post by Bernd Fische » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:47:25

Hi,

Quote:> - i can use the cursors A and B by pressing 'a' and 'b' bindkeys but I have
> not figured out how to get rid of them once i take the measurement.

Select the crosshair markers A or B with the mouse, you'll se now A* or B*,
then hit the delete key.

Quote:> - if I open a layout the LSW window opens but it never closes when i try and
> close it, it just stays there and i cannot figure out a way to close it

The LSW will always stay if you once have opened a layout, there is now way to
close the LSW except to exit DFII.
You can use the SKILL function leUnmapLSW() to make it invisible.

leUnmapLSW()
=> t/nil
Unmaps (makes invisible) the Layer Selection Window (LSW).

leRemapLSW()
=> t/nil
If the Layer Selection Window (LSW) has been unmapped (made invisible) by
leUnmapLSW, it restores the LSW window.

Quote:> - I work in current mode and every time i use analog artist I have to go to
> outputs save all then select terminal currents. How can i set this one time
> only in my .cdsinit_personal file? Also I always go to results plotting
> options and check overlay plots and plot after each selection - i would love
> to add this as defualt in my .cdsinit_personal file too but am not sure how.

Set the tree lines below in the $HOME/.cdsenv

spectre.outputs       currents        string  "selected"
spectre.outputs       useprobes       string  "yes"
asimenv.plotting      overlay         boolean t

You can also do this in the .cdsinit or your .cdsinit_personal see my
append below.

It is possible to set Cadence? Design Framework II environment variables in the
.cdsenv or in the .cdsinit file?

     Syntax to set a variable in the .cdsenv

     application[.partition] variable datatype value

     Syntax to set a variable in skill e.g. in the .cdsinit

     envSetVal("application" "variable" 'datatype value)

     To verify which value is set for an application environment variable enter

     envGetVal("application" "variable")

     in the input field of the Command Interpreter Window.

     To get the default value for a application environment variable enter

     envGetDefVal("application" "variable")

     in the input field of the Command Interpreter Window.

Bernd

Post by Satya Mish » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:00:45

> Just a few little niggles which i have been meaning to clear up at some
> point...

> - i can use the cursors A and B by pressing 'a' and 'b' bindkeys but I have
> not figured out how to get rid of them once i take the measurement.

Click on the letter A or B that is in the NE corner of the cross-hair.
A * should appear next to it. The hit the delete button.

Quote:

> - if I open a layout the LSW window opens but it never closes when i try and
> close it, it just stays there and i cannot figure out a way to close it

No ideas on this.

Quote:> - I work in current mode and every time i use analog artist I have to go to
> outputs save all then select terminal currents. How can i set this one time
> only in my .cdsinit_personal file? Also I always go to results plotting
> options and check overlay plots and plot after each selection - i would love
> to add this as defualt in my .cdsinit_personal file too but am not sure how.

You can do this in two ways....
1) Add this to your .cdsenv
asimenv.plotting        overlay boolean t
cdsSpice.outputs        allAnalogTC     boolean t

The easiest way to make any option permanent is this:

Set the options in the forms Goto CIW->Save Defaults and save to
.cdsenv in your home or work directory. However, if you choose to save
all options on all possible tools, be prepared for it to take a long
time to save and load the options.

2) You can add this to a .cdsinit
envSetVal("asimenv.plotting" "overlay" 'boolean t)
envSetVal("cdsSpice.outputs" "allAnalogTC" 'boolean nil)

Quote:> Many thanks for the help.

> Reuben

Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

Post by Andrew Becket » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:58:18

Quick note on this:

Quote:>Set the tree lines below in the $HOME/.cdsenv

>spectre.outputs       currents        string  "selected"
>spectre.outputs       useprobes       string  "yes"
>asimenv.plotting      overlay         boolean t

Only set useprobes if you need it (generally for saving currents during
AC simulation); there is an overhead in inserting current probes everywhere
in the circuit when most of the time it is unnecessary. Adding current probes
increases the size of the circuit - and you can usually use the builtin current
measurement capability of the primitive devices.

That said there have been a few bugs now and again where there is
an error in the reported current from a terminal (usually this is a dead
giveaway because if you add up all the terminal currents from the pins
of a device, they don't add to 0). Note that when this happens it
is generally because the currents are being mis-reported, not that
they are wrong in the simulator. In these (hopefully now all fixed) cases,
useprobes solves the problem.

Regards,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Beckett
Senior Technical Leader

1. Getting Rid Of That Annoying License Agreement Window

Does anybody know how to reduce the amount of time that the annoying
license agreement window is displayed when loading Microstation.  It
seems that the software is programmed to display that agreement for a
certain time interval that is independent of your cpu speed.  I have
the student version of the software running on a P-75 overclocked to
100 MHz.  Suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

2. beginner's question about primary and unique keys THANKS

3. How can I get rid of the cursor context menu?

4. Emerald Mine Tools V6.01 available

5. can I get rid of that silly pencil cursor in create dim ?

6. Service

7. Getting rid of END

8. Javascript

9. getting rid of blocks

10. getting rid of sheet views

11. Getting rid of zero length, single vertice, line string without EDG

12. Getting rid of the new drawcomp sheet views?

13. Getting rid of in-place relationships