there is an important missing item in the FAQs

there is an important missing item in the FAQs

Post by Marco Vie » Tue, 17 Jan 1995 23:47:32

Hello,

We all use emulators, but what is an emulator without programs for it ?
Nothing.

But the problem is that programs, mostly games, are still copyrighted.
Even if they can be found on FTP sites, it's not legal.

Happily, some programs authors are willing to see their creations to be
widely used by old fans (as freeware, they still retain their
copyright). But who are they, what are their programs ?

For what I know, there isn't such a list in the FAQs, it would be a good
thing to see it. If you are an author of games which is willing to,
please say it, or if you know such author and his programs, say it, but
it will need a confirmation from him.

For example on Amstrad CPC, all games from Vortex Software (highway
encounter...) will become freeware, when Mark Haigh-Hutchinson,
one of the three creators of this company, will have finished his
package, even with the sources !

For spectrum, recent messages said that in the february issue of an U.K.
newspaper : 'PC Format', there will a CD ROM with the Z80 emulator and
such programs...

Thanks for not replying about the question of legality.

For information, I am the FAQ maintainer of comp.sys.amstrad.8bit, I
have a BBS which main interest is the 8 bit computers, with few programs
due to the problem of the legality.

there is an important missing item in the FAQs

Post by EMMANUEL ROUSS » Mon, 23 Jan 1995 06:39:00

S > >We all use emulators, but what is an emulator without programs for it ?
S > >Nothing.
S >
S > No we don't -- I still use CPCs...

It's the same case for me, but not everybody has this luck.

1. microsoft is missing the most important thing in games

microsoft is missing the most important thing in games
FUN FACTOR
FUN FACTOR
i like xbox n shit but most games are good graphics good
sound and all that but the FUN FACTOR blows it just gets
boring fast like project gothan racing and bloodwake
man companies need to remeber THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN
A GAME IS FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN
FFFFFFAAAAAACCCCCTTTTOOOOOORRRR
how fun the game is to play and how enjoyable it is.
graphics and everything dont mean dick if it doesnt have
good fun factor the most important key in ever game.!!

2. 16Mbyte for VS2000

3. **FREE** Don't miss important calls while you are on the internet!!!

4. is there anything wrong with NM 3.01 ??

5. Missing items in Excel97 menus

6. PC Bridge

7. How do I verify missing item in a list?

8. RAM for ELC

9. Missing items in libc.a

10. Halo...what am I missing?

11. Miss Cleo say's I am in !!!!!

12. Ademco V20P exit delay restart - what am I missing?

13. Am I missing something in relation to Low Voltage control?