xntp, Leitch.. always insane!

Post by Stephane Paquett » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to synchronize the time on my workstation (Solaris 2.5.1)
with xntp3-5.90 using a Leitch 5300. I had no problems during
compilation and I've set up a link /dev/leitch0 pointing to my serial
port.

I know my Sun is communicating with the Leitch clock, because I get an
offset value when you type 'pe' under 'ntpq'. When I type 'as', I always
get an 'insane' condition and my workstation never gets synchronized.

I've also tried it on my other Sun (running SunOs 4.1.3). Can anyone
help me?

Thanks in advance.

-- =

St=E9phane Paquette      "Art lives where absolute freedom is, because
Ottawa, ON              where it is not, there can be no creativity."

http://www.magma.ca/~stevep

1. xntp - insane association states

Ah well as a hard cor newbie I foolishly installed ntp on my Ultrix machine,
xntp 2 on two OSF machiens and xntp 3 on an HPUX machine.  The machines are
set up as peers, and are successfully polling each other; the error and
dispersion is visible in xntpdc.

When I use ntpq and look at lassociations, I note that the state of the peers
is insane.  This suggests that somehting is not quite right.

Sorry for the probably inadequate data, but I still am floudnering with this
stuff.

In any event, can any one show mercy on a poor soul and give a hint of what I
am goding wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

2. q: mac-app on sgi ?

3. xntp-alpha thinks my PSTI clock is insane

4. CW7 Questions

5. PRI always calls out, link always up

6. Any body know where to find OLVWM?

7. always ... always probleme connexion PPP with Chameleon

8. 2 Basic Questions on ASPX

9. Leitch CSD-5300

10. Leitch 5300 Clock reference

11. Need help - Leitch CSD5300 & ntp

12. xntpd-3.4x and LEITCH Driver

13. Help: static NAT should be easy but I'm going insane