insane associations

Post by Karl Boyk » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I've installed xntp3 v. 4v on our HP 9000/700s, IBM RS/6000s,
SGIs, and SPARCs.  On all the HPs and IBMs, and on all but
three of the SGIs, it runs like a champ.  But on three SGI
Indys and all of our SPARCs, it never manages to grab a root.
We do have five other Indys on which xntpd runs with no
trouble.

I've looked at the hints for SGIs and SPARCs running SunOS 4,
but they're no help.  Our Indys are running IRIX 5.3; the Suns
are running SunOS 4.1.3.  I've tried various things--using
the prefer setting for a server, fiddling with the precision--
nothing works so far.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.  Please email directly to me.

Thanks.

Karl Boyken, systems programmer, Dept. of Computer Science
303A MLH, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA  52242-1419

WWW:  http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~boyken/

1. xntp - insane association states

Ah well as a hard cor newbie I foolishly installed ntp on my Ultrix machine,
xntp 2 on two OSF machiens and xntp 3 on an HPUX machine.  The machines are
set up as peers, and are successfully polling each other; the error and
dispersion is visible in xntpdc.

When I use ntpq and look at lassociations, I note that the state of the peers
is insane.  This suggests that somehting is not quite right.

Sorry for the probably inadequate data, but I still am floudnering with this
stuff.

In any event, can any one show mercy on a poor soul and give a hint of what I
am goding wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

2. OFFICAL STATEMENT by Jeff Schindler about OFFICIALLY POSTING

3. Help: static NAT should be easy but I'm going insane

4. Universal International Freephone Service - article

5. VPN Client-to-PIX w/ split tunneling - i get insane!

6. Old Printer Driver for NT ?

7. Insane Interface Input/Output Rate Counters

8. C++-native driver for MySQL-DB

9. This is driving me insane!!!!!

10. Internet/Modem Prob - driving me insane!

11. Sodomy Insane

12. ISDN Liquidation Sale, INSANE prices! :-)

13. Insane ISDN installation charges in Houston