Getting NSI to update Whois for non-NSI registrars

Getting NSI to update Whois for non-NSI registrars

Post by John Nagl » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

   I have a domain registered through Melbourne IT (A/K/A
Internet Names Worldwide).  Last Thursday, I changed the DNS
servers for the domain, and
Melbourne IT's "whois" reflects this.  But as of
Monday morning, NSI's core "whois" still shows the old DNS servers.
How long does it take NSI to catch up to Melbourne IT?  Do I need
to prod somebody, or just wait?

   Interestingly, DNS propagation is occuring fine; DNS has
the new servers.  It's just NSI's "whois" database that's behind.

   (Wny do I care?  The hosting provider involved, "ezpublishing.com",
looks at NSI's "whois" data to determine whether the domain is
properly configured, and until everything matches, some features
don't work.)

                                        John Nagle

Getting NSI to update Whois for non-NSI registrars

Post by John Nagl » Tue, 21 Nov 2000 04:00:00

    NSI finally caught up as of the 11AM Monday update.

                                        John Nagle

>    I have a domain registered through Melbourne IT (A/K/A
> Internet Names Worldwide).  Last Thursday, I changed the DNS
> servers for the domain, and
> Melbourne IT's "whois" reflects this.  But as of
> Monday morning, NSI's core "whois" still shows the old DNS servers.
> How long does it take NSI to catch up to Melbourne IT?  Do I need
> to prod somebody, or just wait?

>    Interestingly, DNS propagation is occuring fine; DNS has
> the new servers.  It's just NSI's "whois" database that's behind.

>    (Wny do I care?  The hosting provider involved, "ezpublishing.com",
> looks at NSI's "whois" data to determine whether the domain is
> properly configured, and until everything matches, some features
> don't work.)

>                                         John Nagle

1. HELP - getting NSI to update their primary DNS database??

On June 18th, one of our domains was put on hold, for $70 outstanding
(even though we paid it back in November, but why let a small thing like
that stop them!).
We paid it (again) on June 25th, thinking we'll get the $70 back later
on. BUT they have still not updated their DNS database, over one week
later.

We've emailed them everyday - no reply.
Telephoned them - recorded message.
Sent them a fax - machine didn't work for 2 days, and still no reply.

Anyone got any ideas on how we can get them to update the DNS
information (the domain showed as fully paid the day we sent them the
money again)???

Help/suggestions would be much appreciated as this is an e-commerce
domain and it's costing us $100s every week.

Pete

2. How to Import 2D DXF in Pro/E sketcher???

3. NSI only registrar with a root name server?

4. * Newsgroup doc. and 3154 Tips, Tricks, and Registry Hacks - 16-DEC-2000 03:22.24 *

5. NSI's "change registrar" form

6. wanted: Terminal Server

7. NSI whois database...

8. SSH-Login via LAN ok, WAN fails (OpenSSH Windows, SecureCRT)

9. NSI error: Can't have NS with non-COM/NET/ORG TLD?

10. Kremen Gets to Sue NSI Over Bad Domain Transfer

11. NSI gets sued an eighth time for threatening to cut off a domain name

12. NSI gets thier first injunction

13. How do I update my domains email address at NSI?