How can I analyze the dns logs?

Post by Kirr » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:28:03

I want to know how busy my dns server is. The statistcs file has 3 parts:
USAGE,NSTATS and XSTATS. I want to find out whether the XSTATS part will be
include the total query? And, what's the meaning of XSTATS?

Thanks a lot!

Post by Barry Margoli » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:41:37

>I want to know how busy my dns server is. The statistcs file has 3 parts:
>USAGE,NSTATS and XSTATS. I want to find out whether the XSTATS part will be
>include the total query? And, what's the meaning of XSTATS?

The total number of queries is in the NSTATS, I think.

The O'Reilly DNS & BIND book explains the meanings of all the fields in the
statistics dump.

--

Level(3), Woburn, MA

1. Cisco PIX log analyzing

Hi all.

We've got a Cisco PIX Firewall, protecting some mail/web/ftp servers. I've
configured a logserver, but I'm wondering what logs I should export, and
what I should do with them afterwards. WHich log options do I enable, and
what program do I use to analyze these logs?

Any suggestions? I tried to look at PrivateI log analyzer, but I found it a
bit awkward.. but is this my best choice?

Regards..
- Anders -

2. OS/2 4.0 and Samba

3. Cisco PIX Firewall Log Analyse

4. vi program on PC

5. tool to Analyze Cisco logs

6. DataSix Select Vendor ?

7. analyzing the ascend log...

8. OS/2 Developer Wanted - Printer Driver

9. How to analyze Code Red in action in ipchains packet log

10. Analyzing Contivity 1500 Logs

11. Canned config for AS5100?

12. AT&T Worldnet cans timeouts