Lame nameservers, what to do

Post by Andrew Luc » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Acquaintance has multiple domains, which are name served by a third
party ISP .  Said third party is now apparently lame or completely out
of business.

How can an individual get nameserver designations changed when all of
the contact addresses are served by same said-lame ISP, though tey are
other domains ?

Lame nameservers, what to do

Post by Barry Margoli » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Acquaintance has multiple domains, which are name served by a third
>party ISP .  Said third party is now apparently lame or completely out
>of business.

>How can an individual get nameserver designations changed when all of
>the contact addresses are served by same said-lame ISP, though tey are
>other domains ?

This is answered in NSI's FAQ: Fax the request on company letterhead from
an officer of the company that the domain belongs to.

1. lame nameservers

Hi everyone!

I running a bind 9.2.2 on a IRIX 6.5 os.
I tested my zone at www.dnsreport.com and the following error produced:

FAIL    Lame nameservers

ERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:
195.129.12.82
195.129.12.74

I 'm not sure what does this mean. Could someone give me hints on how to fix this error?

--
rgds,
Stella Korakaki

--
http://www.freemail.gr - ??? ?e???? ???????y ?????????.

2. VS.NET Beta 2?????

3. Lame Nameserver / Non-authoritative answer weird problem.

4. HELP: disktab entry for Quantum Atlas 2GIG

5. Aftermath of a lame nameserver

6. Windows Explorer Auto-Refresh? Help!

7. Resolving lame server requests crashes Named - possible DOS issue ?

8. VueScan 7.5.3 on OSX.13 with beige G3 and Microtek ScanMaker X6EL

9. Using a DOS machine as a nameserver and bootp server

10. Internal nameserver returns SOA pointing to external nameserver

11. difference in between my nameserver and mainly used nameserver...

12. Nameserver to Nameserver Queries