TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Liviu Ius » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:09:50

Hello.

I registered a domain for a week now, and it isn't working. Actually
locally is ok, but it doesn't propagate,  and at a whois query I
obtain :
Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
The name server is very well specified, and I don't know if it is a
nameserver problem, or registrar's (so I don't know if I should
contact the guy from the registrar company).

Any oppinions are greatly appreciated.
Thank you .
Liviu.

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Glen Herrmannsfeld » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:55:59

Quote:> Hello.

> I registered a domain for a week now, and it isn't working. Actually
> locally is ok, but it doesn't propagate,  and at a whois query I
> obtain :
> Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
> The name server is very well specified, and I don't know if it is a
> nameserver problem, or registrar's (so I don't know if I should
> contact the guy from the registrar company).

Without knowing the domain name it is hard to say anything at all.

-- glen

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Liviu Ius » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:20:53

the domain is: trotics.org

> Without knowing the domain name it is hard to say anything at all.

> -- glen

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:21:03

>> I registered a domain for a week now, and it isn't working. Actually
>> locally is ok, but it doesn't propagate,  and at a whois query I
>> obtain :
>> Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
>> The name server is very well specified, and I don't know if it is a
>> nameserver problem, or registrar's (so I don't know if I should
>> contact the guy from the registrar company).

>Without knowing the domain name it is hard to say anything at all.

Why?  Does the meaning of "TRANSFER PROHIBITED" depend on the domain name?

It looks like a registrar issue to me.

--

Level(3), Woburn, MA

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:22:41

>the domain is: trotics.org

You didn't specify valid nameserver names, you just registered them as
addresses.  NS records have to point to host *names*.

--

Level(3), Woburn, MA

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Ron Bennet » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:21:18

Domain name transfers to another registrar are restricted for a period
of time and thus is likely the reason for the TRANSFER PROHIBITED
message; you just registered the domain name only a few days ago.

Goto your registrar's maintenance page and update the name servers for
trotics.org from IP addresses to their corresponding domain names
(hercule.utcluj.ro and ns.roedu.net).

Ron

Quote:

>Hello.

>I registered a domain for a week now, and it isn't working. Actually
>locally is ok, but it doesn't propagate,  and at a whois query I
>obtain :
>Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
>The name server is very well specified, and I don't know if it is a
>nameserver problem, or registrar's (so I don't know if I should
>contact the guy from the registrar company).

>Any oppinions are greatly appreciated.
>Thank you .
>Liviu.

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Glen Herrmannsfeld » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:38:38

> >> I registered a domain for a week now, and it isn't working. Actually
> >> locally is ok, but it doesn't propagate,  and at a whois query I
> >> obtain :
> >> Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
> >> The name server is very well specified, and I don't know if it is a
> >> nameserver problem, or registrar's (so I don't know if I should
> >> contact the guy from the registrar company).

> >Without knowing the domain name it is hard to say anything at all.

> Why?  Does the meaning of "TRANSFER PROHIBITED" depend on the domain name?

> It looks like a registrar issue to me.

With the domain name someone can look it up and see.  Though it might be
that the explanation that "trandfer prohibited" is a property of new domains
makes sense, too.

I had someone ask me about one before, and it turned out that his ISP hadn't
configured the nameservers at all, but had registered the domain.   It could
be either the ISP (if they do the nameservers) or the registrar.

-- glen

TRANSFER PROHIBITED

Post by Liviu Ius » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:24:52

Well thank you all .
The reason why the domain was not propagating is that I specified the
IP address instead of the real name of the machine running DNS
services for me.
I still don't undestand the "TRANSFER PROHIBITED" status, since it
seems to work properly now.
Thank you,
Liviu.

1. The "dod-host-prohibited" "dod-net-prohibited" Commands

Hi folks;

what type of icmp messages are the "dod-host-prohibited" and
"dod-net-prohibited" ????

what is their significance in the general sense and .........with respect to
network security???

can anybody shed light on these 2 icmp types.

with this mail account.

Thanx in advance;

regards;
Kandy

2. GeForce with NT??

3. Sending an ICMP Administratively Prohibited

4. Weight fair queuing on a Cisco router

5. ICMP "Administratively-prohibited" ??

6. AD intergrated DNS

7. Cisco access lists and ICMP Prohibited messages.

8. My hard drive crashed - Will my files transfer?

9. BP Amoco to Prohibit Cell Phones at Gas Stations

10. Report: BP Amoco to Prohibit Cell Phones at Gas Stations

11. Dialing 1 First Prohibited in Dallas