Simulation with tcplib?

Post by Jong-Chih Chi » Tue, 01 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone simulated tcp traffic using tcplib?
I am learning tcplib and desperately need an example
of a telnet client/server simulation program
using tcplib.  Any simple program will do.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Sincerely,
James Chien

Simulation with tcplib?

Post by Curt Smi » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: Has anyone simulated tcp traffic using tcplib?
: I am learning tcplib and desperately need an example
: of a telnet client/server simulation program
: using tcplib.  Any simple program will do.
: Thanks in advance for any reply.
:

At most archive sites there is a directory tree:

published/books/*

Within this tree is the archives for the popular R. Stevens, Comer
books that are the best references on Berkley Sockets programming.

Get both the source and the books.  R. Stevens; Unix Network Programming
is the best starter book.  Then get his latest volumn I and II books.

Curt.

Simulation with tcplib?

Post by George Edmond Ed » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>Has anyone simulated tcp traffic using tcplib?
>I am learning tcplib and desperately need an example
>of a telnet client/server simulation program
>using tcplib.  Any simple program will do.
>Thanks in advance for any reply.

>Sincerely,
>James Chien

are you refering to the tcplib written by Sugih Jamin and Peter Danzig
from USC?  if so, did you read the paper:

        ftp://catarina.usc.edu/traffic/journal.part{1,2,3,4}.ps

?.  if this is what you are refering to and did read the paper and
still want an example, i have a program that generates real traffic
using this lib, it's not a simulator however...

--

- rusty