Windows 2000 server

Post by Jo » Fri, 30 May 2003 03:39:29

Can you please help me with a few matters relating to windows 2000 Advanced
Server and Windows XP Pro.

I have a small network set-up with the above PC's, I created a Domain on the
Windows 2000 PC, and then tried to create new logins, however I was unable
to as the Server PC stated that it was a domain controller in Computer
manager, and I was unable to make up new users, I then removed the Domain
and could then make up new users (which I want to log onto the server PC
from the XP PC), however I am only able to log onto the Wins XP PC as the
administrator.

Then when I access the server PC from the network places, I then have to
logon as the user I have created on the server PC after clicking on the
server PC icon, why can't I just log onto the server with the main username
and password which I have created when I boot-up the XP PC?

Also I am only able to access printers and faxes, and scheduled tasks from
the server PC on the XP PC, and I have shared out more folders.

I have also tried to connect to the XP PC from the server so that I can
access the Internet, without any success.

I hope the above makes sense, and I'm sorry I have asked so many questions,
but I've been trying to sort this out all day, without any success.

Best wishes,

Joanne

Windows 2000 server

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 30 May 2003 04:21:38

>Can you please help me with a few matters relating to windows 2000 Advanced
>Server and Windows XP Pro.

You should ask in a Windows newsgroup.  The "domain" in this group's name
refers to DNS, not Windows domains.

--

Level(3), Woburn, MA