DNS behind a PIX firewall

Post by Scot » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

I read the DNS how-to and the author gave a hint to this.  He said
a hint: forward only;
He also said query-source port 53 would also be needed.
Can anyone offer guidance to finding documentation of these 2 things?

Thanks

Scott Smith

DNS behind a PIX firewall

Post by Barry Margoli » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

>I read the DNS how-to and the author gave a hint to this.  He said
>a hint: forward only;
>He also said query-source port 53 would also be needed.
>Can anyone offer guidance to finding documentation of these 2 things?

DNS & BIND 3rd Edition explains the BIND 8 options.  There's also
documentation at www.isc.org.