Trying to transfer a .org domain

Post by Christof Meerwal » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:28:14

Hi,

I am currently trying to transfer my .org domain (cmeerw.org) to another
registrar. But GANDI (http://www.gandi.net) has told me that they can't
process the transfer because the whois server of the current registrar is
down - the current registrar is Cronon AG and I guess their whois server is
whois.tmagnic.net. And indeed whois.tmagnic.net doesn't have any information
about cmeerw.org, but all information is available from whois.pir.org.

So my question is: is it sufficient that all information is available from
whois.pir.org or does a .org registrar still have to run its own whois
servers?

BTW, DotRegistrar (http://www.dotreg.com) is also unable to process the
domain transfer. And, of course, Cronon AG doesn't respond to my e-mails.

Can anyone shed some light on the issue and clear up the confusion?

bye, Christof
[Fup2 comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains]

mailto cmeerw at web.de

...and what have you contributed to the Net?

Post by Hars » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:54:23

> Hi,

> I am currently trying to transfer my .org domain (cmeerw.org) to another
> registrar. But GANDI (http://www.gandi.net) has told me that they can't
> process the transfer because the whois server of the current registrar is
> down - the current registrar is Cronon AG and I guess their whois server is
> whois.tmagnic.net. And indeed whois.tmagnic.net doesn't have any information
> about cmeerw.org, but all information is available from whois.pir.org.
> So my question is: is it sufficient that all information is available from
> whois.pir.org or does a .org registrar still have to run its own whois
> servers?

> BTW, DotRegistrar (http://www.dotreg.com) is also unable to process the
> domain transfer. And, of course, Cronon AG doesn't respond to my e-mails.

> Can anyone shed some light on the issue and clear up the confusion?

proceed with utmost care domain transfer is a very-very mesy process i
have lost a domain in doing so.

Quote:

> bye, Christof
> [Fup2 comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains]

Trying to transfer a .org domain

Post by Simon Sheppar » Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:37:44

Quote:>proceed with utmost care domain transfer is a very-very mesy process i
>have lost a domain in doing so.

How did you lose the domain? I once had a domain enter the "twilight zone"
between registrars but the new registrar was able to get it back no problem.

SS

Quote:

>proceed with utmost care domain transfer is a very-very mesy process i
>have lost a domain in doing so.

>> bye, Christof
>> [Fup2 comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains]

1. Dns tries to qualify a domain not found by appending its domain

I have a Solaris box that when you try to do an nslookup on a domain, if it
can not find the domain then it appends it's own domain to the end of the
domain and then resolves it.
example
nslookup nonexistantdomain.com
answer nonexistantdomain.com.mydomain.com
               208.230.11.1

it resolves to my main domain because I have a record with an * in the
db.mydomain.com file to catch all nonexistant hostnames.

appreciated

2. Converting Money 2004 for Money 2001

3. Site Trying To Capture Accounts/Passwords Of DYNDNS.ORG Nodes ?

4. Cocoon: Formular&<apply-templates>

5. Log on script

6. $8.75/Year .com .net .org AnyDomainNames.com - FREE Transfers !

7. Lying DNS server

8. req: found 'cshl.org' as 'cshl.org' BUT still times out

9. Can lookup ezmlm.org but not www.ezmlm.org ???

10. probs with connecting to ml.org or dyn.ml.org url's

11. ORG.ORG

12. crypto@ntp.org was mills+crypto@ntp.org