register a new DNS server ?

Post by Thibaut Maque » Sat, 24 May 2003 18:04:56

Hello,

Where and how can I register a new DNS server ?

Best regards
Thibaut Maquet

register a new DNS server ?

Post by Barry Margoli » Sat, 24 May 2003 23:23:41

>Where and how can I register a new DNS server ?

Didn't I answer this a day or two ago?

You do it through your domain registrar.

--

Level(3), Woburn, MA

1. Can a dns server register a hostname for its sub-dns server?

Hi all,

I have a dns server which runs bind-9.1.3 for, say, foo.com and
one of its sub-domains is, say, sub.foo.com. I hope to add a A
record in foo.com for sub.foo.com, say, test.sub.foo.com and I
tried it and modified serial and re-run named and then tried a
ping test.sub.foo.com , and I got a "unknown host".

Is there a way to do the job which I hope?

Thanks for any responses.

2. PGPdisk With MacOS 8.1 HFS+

3. Requirements to register my BIND DNS server with register.com?

4. Philips CDD3610 - CD-RW

5. registering a dns server with register.com

6. TADS 2.1.2.2 Patchlevel 1 available for SunOS, SGI (Irix)

7. register a new DNS server ?

8. Update statmennt on ORACLE 7.1

9. Define new dns of a Linux machine in the DNS Server W2k!

10. Servers don't register in DNS

11. How to register a DNS server.

12. Register dns server with OpenSRS/TUCOWS