Problems with mydomain.com DNS

Post by Glen Jone » Wed, 14 May 2003 02:48:22

Hi,

Do you of you use www.mydomain.com for DNS.

I can't login at the moment, getting a screen full of SQL errors.

Anyone else having probs?

Thanks,
Glen

Post by Hars » Sat, 17 May 2003 21:46:12

> Hi,

> Do you of you use www.mydomain.com for DNS.

> I can't login at the moment, getting a screen full of SQL errors.

> Anyone else having probs?

well they dont support certain tld's mostly the third or second level
do check it meanwhile their is a problem while doing most operation do
it later and check the help or faqs if problem persist's
Quote:

> Thanks,
> Glen

1. mydomain.com resoving to my dsl connection ?

I need help.

I know little or nothing about dns except that In order run a server
that can answer request to www.mycooldomainname.com, I need to have an
entry in a DNS server somewhere that tells requests where to go.

I have a dsl connection to my ISP.  I do not have a static IP address as

it is doled out through dhcp.  I do have a static host name
myid.myisp.myispserver.net.  With this I can run a server and have
people navigate to my pages with a long meaningless URL.

My isp will not put an entry in their DNS for me.  I have found a public

FREE dns service (granitecanyon.com) which seems to be willing to act as

my DNS.

Where I run into difficulty is in creating the RRs (Ibelieve they are
called) for my ZONE (I believe it is called).

I have been told by an associate at work who has a similar setup to me
(except he uses our nt based DNS at work to direct hiscooldomian.com to
his longandmenaingless isp provided static host name) that I should put
a CNAME entry in my zone.  I have tried this at granitecnayon but I'm
getting error messages stating that it does not recognize
myid.myisp.myispserver.net (probably because there are no records in
their DNS of this domain).

I do not want to learn all the ins and outs of DNS so I am hoping that
someone could provide an illustration of the essential RR's to achieve
what I am trying.

please cc my email with any responses.

thx in advance

ed

2. SALE!!

3. Can i host own web server as mydomain.com... rather than being redirected to another URL

4. iic-harddrive?

5. How could I map MYDOMAIN.COM to my web address?

6. BCM Requirements (Layer 2 Switch)

7. ls mydomain.com - doesn't work

8. .boo Reader/Viewer?

9. Messege in syslog: Zone "mydomain.com" (file ns1.mydomain.com) no NS RRs found at zone top

10. RCN Cable Modem- Ability to send emails from desktop from me@mydomain.com

11. nospam.mydomain.com IN A 127.0.0.1