Any Terminal Plug-ins for Netscape Navigator ???

Any Terminal Plug-ins for Netscape Navigator ???

Post by sam.. » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

        I am looking for some sort of Terminal / Telnet / Kermit
Plug-ins to be used with Netscape Navigator or any Internet Browser.

        The purpose is to allow a user (web browser) to click a button
and pop-up a windows to access a Unix / Database server (SCO unix or
NT Telnet Server).

        Do you have any ideas where I could find this ???

Thanks for your help !

Post by Richard Shufo » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>    I am looking for some sort of Terminal / Telnet / Kermit
> Plug-ins to be used with Netscape Navigator or any Internet Browser.

>    The purpose is to allow a user (web browser) to click a button
> and pop-up a windows to access a Unix / Database server (SCO UNIX or
> NT Telnet Server).

I suppose what you want is a Netscape telnet "Supporting Application".
You don't state on what platform you are running Netscape Navigator.

Guessing that you want something for Microsoft environments, Jianqing
Hu's SimpTerm is adequately functional and presents no direct cost.
It also has Chinese support, which may be useful to you in Hong Kong.

Windows 3.1
    http://www.shadow.net/tucows/files/sptn1609.zip
Windows 95
    http://www.shadow.net/tucows/files/sptn3209.zip

 * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *

Other various information on terminals and emulation may be seen at

    http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal_index.html

 * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** * ** *
--
 ...Richard S. Shuford   | "If a person in authority listens to lies,

 ...Info-Stratus contact |  Proverbs 29:12

Post by Martin Ramsc » Fri, 01 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> >       I am looking for some sort of Terminal / Telnet / Kermit
> > Plug-ins to be used with Netscape Navigator or any Internet Browser.

> >       The purpose is to allow a user (web browser) to click a button
> > and pop-up a windows to access a Unix / Database server (SCO UNIX or
> > NT Telnet Server).

> I suppose what you want is a Netscape telnet "Supporting Application".
> You don't state on what platform you are running Netscape Navigator.

If the intended target readership is going to using a Java capable
browser, this Telnet-Applet/Application written in Java might be handy:
  http://www.veryComputer.com/

Richard: I think this link also is a good addition to your terminal
information pages?

--
Sincerly/Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

  Inbox/Fax: ++49-(0)2561/91371-6364

PS: Sorry for any strange English mistakes.  I do them just for your
amu*t! :)

1. Look for Kermit / Telnet Plug-ins for Navigator

        I am looking for some sort of Terminal / Kermit / Telnet
Plug-ins for Navigator.

        The purpose is let a user (web-browser) to click a button and
pop-up a windows to connect to Unix / Database Server (like SCO unix
or even an NT Telnet Server).

        Does anyone have any idea ????  If so, please drop me a note

Best Regards,

2. Moving a shadow disk to a new controller

3. Netscape plug-ins in the foreseeable future?

4. Intellisync for HP200LX

5. Need pgp 5.0 freeware plug-ins for Netscape mail

6. FS: ST41650N, external, used: $225

7. plug-ins for Netscape?

8. Newbie question: problem with preferences and context-sensitive help

9. Design plug-in with Acrobat plug-ins SDK

10. Acrobat Plug-In for Netscape Navigator 2.0 (request for info)

11. Scanning plug-ins

12. Mirrowind OXM Disc, Plug-Ins, Patches

13. HomeSeer plug-ins