Reading HDF files

Post by d.. » Mon, 22 Mar 1993 08:05:26

      I need some help reading and writing HDF files from IDL.  I read
 some place that IDL supports HDF, but I cannot find anything like READ_HDF
 or WRITE_HDF as there are for GIF and TIFF.  Can some give me a clue how
 to read and write HDFs?

        Kelly Dean
        CSU/CIRA

1. IDL 5.2: Can't read HDF files any more ...

Hello,

I've  recently upgraded to IDL 5.2 on my NT machine and now I can't
read my HDF files any more (which works perfectly well under IDL
5.1.1). The HDF files contains image data stored in scientific data
sets (SDS).  Every time I try to read the SDS,  I get the following
error message:

%HDF_SD_GETDATA: Unsupported or unknown HDF data type (16406).

The same error message appears if I use the HDF_BROWSER program.

Does anybody know about this bug/behaviour?

Regards,
Harald

    Harald Jan Jeszenszky

    Space Research Institute
    Austrian Academy of Sciences

2. Compressed Image After Boot?

3. HDF_DFSD_ADDDATA: Invalid HDF file or filename (test.hdf).

4. Read this:

5. Read HDF format file

6. PROGRAM FOR GRAPHICAL ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS OF DIGITAL FILTERS

7. hdf files and dat files

8. Accessing WebService using normal ASP

9. Reading HDF data using ENVI

10. HDF reading

11. Problems reading HDF after 5.2 upgrade

12. delete a dataset in a hdf file

13. WRITING HDF FILES