interpolating gridded data

Post by Amar Nayegandh » Thu, 17 May 2001 12:19:35

Hi,
I have a 1000 by 1000 array of gridded integer data.  I have used
triangulate and trigrid functions to interpolate an irregularly gridded
data set to get this array.  I gave a missing value 1000000L using
trigrid.

I have now identified certain regions in this data array that I want to
remove, and i want to regrid this data array by interpolating so that
the regions that I have removed from the data array are filled with
values from its neighboring regions.  How do I go about doing this?
What value should I give to the identified regions, so as to remove it
from the final regridded array.
I guess I am falling in trouble because I have already set a missing
value to certain parts of this data array(during trigrid).

Thanks,
amar

Murphy's Law of Research:
Enough research will tend to support your theory.
Amar Nayegandhi
Graduate Student
Department of Computer Science,
University of South Florida, Tampa.

1. Gridding/Interpolating a large image

Hi, I am an ENVI user and I would like to create a digital elevation
model from a set of contour lines and cannot figure out how to do this
with ENVI or IDL. When I've done this in the past I did a
vector-to-raster conversion to rasterize the contour data and then ran
an interpolation algorithm to generate the DEM. ENVI has a "Raterize
Point Data" option that seems to do what I want but it requires an
ASCII Point file and I don' know how to convert a vector file to an
ASCII point file. IDL has some interesting gridding and interpolation
options but I'm not sure how to implement them on a large 5000 x 6000
Integer image. My guess is IDL can do this easily but my IDL skills
are not all that sharp.

I have a raster image of the contour lines and now all I need to do is
implement some sort of interpolation. The algorithm I've used in the
past was based on the CONSURF algorithm but I think the
Triangulate/Trigrid routines will work but am not sure how to run it
on a large image.

Any help is appreciated.

Ned

2. text above field in consolidated projects

3. Excel Interpolate Data in Tables

4. Yardeni Warns Y2K Problems Still Ahead

5. interpolating missing data

6. Epson Stylus 680

7. Interpolating Irregular 2D Data

8. TI99: V9T9 vs. PC99

9. How to interpolate/extrapolate missing data

10. Interpolating missing or masked data in IDL

11. computation of (interpolated) median of categorized metric data

12. interpolate rain data

13. Baseline Grid - How do I alter the spacing of the grid?