Q:Reversing Image Problem

Post by Thomas Ski » Sun, 07 May 1995 04:00:00

I am currently using PvWave for a satellite imaging program.  One of the
things we do is use the save command to save an image and use the restore
to bring it back and view it again with the tv command.  here is the
PROBLEM:  it seems almost random that sometimes when we restore the image
and tv to display it, it is reversed and sometimes it is not.  when it is
reversed we must do a reverse(image,2) to bring it back to normal.  Why
does this seem almost random? how can this be prevented??  thanks for the
help we are very confused.

Tom Skill
HQAFGWC/DOA
Offutt AFB, NE 68180

Q:Reversing Image Problem

Post by Mark Rive » Mon, 08 May 1995 04:00:00

>I am currently using PvWave for a satellite imaging program.  One of the
>things we do is use the save command to save an image and use the restore
>to bring it back and view it again with the tv command.  here is the
>PROBLEM:  it seems almost random that sometimes when we restore the image
>and tv to display it, it is reversed and sometimes it is not.  when it is
>reversed we must do a reverse(image,2) to bring it back to normal.  Why
>does this seem almost random? how can this be prevented??  thanks for the
>help we are very confused.

You are probably sometimes running some routine which changes the
system variable !ORDER. This controls whether images are displayed
top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top. To get consistent resuts set !ORDER before
displaying the image.

Mark Rivers                             (312) 702-2279 (office)
CARS                                    (312) 702-9951 (secretary)
Univ. of Chicago                        (312) 702-5454 (FAX)
5640 S. Ellis Ave.                      (708) 922-0499 (home)

1. How to Reverse Image for imported EPS Image

I am a novice Quark user.  I have an eps logo that I would like to import
into Quark and place into a document as white text on a black background.
It does not appear that Quark will let me change the color of the EPS
picture.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Mike Schumann

2. IRIX 6.3, 6.4, 6.5

3. Reverse image PDFs

4. Summary Posting

5. OmniPage 8.0 reversing my text image

6. Upper case and Lower case in system32?

7. umax 1200s Reverse Image

8. VI and scandinavian chars.

9. HELP !! - Line-art and grayscale images reversed

10. How can I get a background image to show through reversed type in Quark?

11. "Reversing" an EPS image in Quark ?

12. HELP! Flipping (reversing image)

13. Reversed graphics images