wind vectors & map

Post by Se » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:33:05

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have a program to overplot wind vectors on top
of a surface pressure fields?

thanks
Sebastien

wind vectors & map

Post by Chris Torren » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 04:34:44

Hi Sebastien,

You could try my "ovector.pro" procedure, available on the RSI IDL contrib site at:
http://www.rsinc.com/codebank/search.asp?FID=56

-Chris

> Hi Folks,

> Does anyone have a program to overplot wind vectors on top
> of a surface pressure fields?

> thanks
> Sebastien

1. FS6 Sailplane Has No Wind Sound & Other No Wind Situations

        Half the fun of soaring is the sound of the wind rushing by your
otherwise soundless environment.  It even represent one of the
"seat-of-your-pants" ways of flying too.  Why on earth is the
sailplane silent in FS6?  Big mistake -- no fun MS.  Please fix it.

        Come to think of it wind sound isn't a factor on any of the
aircraft it looks like.  When I shut off the magnetos on the Cessna in
flight for some time I kept hearing the engine sound as if it was
still running.  Then all of a sudden nothing.  No engine, no wind,
even when overspeeding down.  There is so much more simulation that
can be done in this area it isn't very funny.

2. calling conventions?

3. Meteorological wind vectors in IDL

4. Quirk and Windoze 2000

5. IDL Mapping & Map Database

6. Steel sky help

7. Need a vector map for a CD 4029

8. Can't Run WINIPCFG - NO WSOCK?

9. Boomkark Automatically - Vector Map File

10. Vector maps set to output res of 300

11. Vector mapping in IDL

12. IDL to Java Mapping for Java Vectors a User Defined Classes

13. plotting vectors on maps