!x.region,!y.region

Post by R.Baue » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi

this is my next question about the secrets of the plotarea
(Direct Graphics)!

How are !x.region,!y.region are calculated?

It seems to me that's they are only define the plotregion if
!P.charsize eq 1.0.

If !p.charsize changes the region is not changing.

How did I calculate the region which my plot is using
from Y-Title to X-Title?

R.Bauer

!x.region,!y.region

Post by Craig Markward » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> this is my next question about the secrets of the plotarea
> (Direct Graphics)!

> How are !x.region,!y.region are calculated?

> It seems to me that's they are only define the plotregion if
> !P.charsize eq 1.0.

> If !p.charsize changes the region is not changing.

> How did I calculate the region which my plot is using
> from Y-Title to X-Title?

I have not had much use for !x.region and !y.region -- I can't recall
when they have worked for me.

I use !x.window and !y.window instead.  These change when you change
the character size.

Example:

IDL> plot, findgen(10)
IDL> print, !x.window, !y.window
    0.0937550     0.971880
    0.0781300     0.960943
IDL> !p.charsize=2
IDL> plot, findgen(10)
IDL> print, !x.window, !y.window
     0.187505     0.943755
     0.156255     0.921880

However, I should make it clear that changing the character size alone
does not update ![xy].window.  These values are only reset when you
make a PLOT command.  If you do indeed need to know the plot
dimensions before making output, then you can use

PLOT, XSTYLE=(xstyle OR 4), YSTYLE=(ystyle OR 4), /NODATA, ...

which doesn't make any output but does establish the new coordinate
system.

Cheers,
Craig

1. region 1 on a region 2 xbox?

I hope that you great guys can help... I have a region 2 xbox - have been
given a couple of region 1 dvd's - how can I play them using my xbox? ALSO
can i play mpeg files that are burned to cd on it?

Thanks

2. Help Async or Sync

3. If only VueScan could identify clipped regions...

4. User Global Privileges

5. Visioneer ProOCR "Region" Question

6. Low level format for old Hyundai?

7. What region is the american released xbox?

8. Want Data Sheet for RasterOps DuoMate MiniDock...

9. dvd region

10. Xbox DVD Region

11. DVD region

12. DVD Region