Signing Own Signature Key

Post by David Ros » Wed, 31 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I saw advice that we should sign our own signature keys.  I may have
already done that.  How can I tell?  I'm using PGP 5.5.3.

--

David E. Ross
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6727

Signing Own Signature Key

Post by Anthony E. Gree » Thu, 01 Jan 1998 04:00:00

P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
to everyone. See link below.

 Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
 What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
 My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
 FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>

1. Advantages to signing one's own public key?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of signing your own public
key? I think I saw an article on this sometime back but I cannot find
the link. IIRC, it had something to do with a third party being able
to change your ID on the public key...which sounds like a real
security issue!

--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Website: http://www.matharu.demon.co.uk/
t.i.n.s.t.a.a.f.l.

2. Stability of Project 2000

3. Are you supposed to -ks sign your own public key?

4. GS160 froze due to a bad KGPSA-CX...

5. Signing a DH/DSS key with my old RSA key

6. A3640 and A3000 jumpers?

7. PGP Key Signing BoF at USENIX Security Symposium - send your key!

8. UUCP window size

9. : REMINDER: LISA '97 PGP key signing BoF--send keys by Thurs, Oct 23

10. REMINDER: LISA '97 PGP key signing BoF -- send your keys in

11. Your Own Digital Signature For Only $5.95 !

12. Is the signature secret in a signed and encrypted file?