Private Key Backwards Compatibility

Post by Jason Ti » Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:08:20

1. Getting a public key from a private key.

Hi,

I'm implementing a secure registration system for an application and I want
to allow the client software access to the private key (with a default
passphrase so the user doesn't have to enter one) but keep 'secure' the
public key that is used by the software supplier.  The supplier would
encrypt and send a 'yes, it's registered' message thereby indicating the
user has registered the software directly with the supplier.  My question is
can you generate a public key from a private key (if you know the passphrase
of course) easily.  Obviously if you can my scheme won't work!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to PGP.

Cheers,

Frazz

2. Contacts

3. Can we use RSA's private key as DES's secret key?

4. Script Language for Comms

5. Can a private key be calculate back from the public key ?

6. FP98 Upgrade Files

7. Concise public-key/private-key source code example?

8. Let's Do a Figure-8

9. How do you remove keys from keyserver without having the private key?

10. PGPmail - add keys to private key ring???

11. Key Revocation for keys not in private keyring

12. Public Key/Private Key

13. pdf file versions for backwards compatibility