PGP 7, Twofish, and previous PGP versions

PGP 7, Twofish, and previous PGP versions

Post by jamesb.. » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 09:01:25

PGP 7 (retail) now uses the Twofish algorithm. If I created a DH/DSS key with
Twofish as my preferred algorithm (as set in the Options before I created the
key), would my correspondents using prior versions of PGP (PGP 5 and up) be
able to encrypt to the Twofish key?

jb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PGP 7, Twofish, and previous PGP versions

Post by jungl » Sun, 19 Nov 2000 04:00:00

no ...

> PGP 7 (retail) now uses the Twofish algorithm. If I created a DH/DSS key with
> Twofish as my preferred algorithm (as set in the Options before I created the
> key), would my correspondents using prior versions of PGP (PGP 5 and up) be
> able to encrypt to the Twofish key?

PGP 7, Twofish, and previous PGP versions

Post by Sam Simpso » Mon, 20 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Not true Jungle....The older version of PGP would just use one of the other
available ciphers (3DES, CAST or IDEA)....It would not fail just because it
doesn't contain Twofish.

Rgds,

Sam

> no ...

> > PGP 7 (retail) now uses the Twofish algorithm. If I created a DH/DSS key
with
> > Twofish as my preferred algorithm (as set in the Options before I
created the
> > key), would my correspondents using prior versions of PGP (PGP 5 and up)
be
> > able to encrypt to the Twofish key?

PGP 7, Twofish, and previous PGP versions

Post by Daniel Johnso » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 03:29:05

1. Twofish In PGP 6.5?

2. Background problem - any ideas please?

3. Icon bar menus glitch

4. PGP Hacking - Outside US version - Commercial version

5. New Cipher Tape device not working

6. vi and pgp (was: mutt & pgp 6.5.8)

7. BTC 12X - trouble reading audio cds

8. Command Line PGP or PGP DLLs

9. PGP plugin 4.9.5 [PGP 7 crash fix and more] for Pegasus Mail released

10. PGP plugin 4.9.4 [improved PGP/MIME and QP handling] for Pegasus Mail released

11. PGP 8.0 Enterprise: PGP standards for key creation process