Trouble with mime encoding and PGP

Post by Elme » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I use a nym account. When I test the reply function by sending
myself a letter it works fine when I use uuencode in the out-
going message. When I use mime base 64, I still receive the
message from my nym account, but after I have decrypted it
the content of the letter is still unreadable. Only the message
header seems to be decrypted. I run PGP 2.6.3i and Private
Idaho 2.8b3 on a Windows 95 system. Does someone have an idea
what could be wrong ?

                                thank you, Elmer

1. Trouble with MIME encoding and PGP

I use a nym account. When I try the reply function by
sending myself a letter, it works well when I use
uuencode in the outgoing message. When I use MIME, I
still receive the message from the nym account, but
only the headers seem to become decrypted, the con-
tent of the message is still unreadable. I use Private
Idaho 2.8b3 with PGP 2.6.3i for DOS on a Windows95 PC.
The administrator of the nym-server thought it prob-
ably had something to do with my e-mail client soft-
ware. I concluded that my Internet Mail application
worked as it should. After advice I switched from PI
to Jack B. Nymble, but got the same result. Now I ask
myself if there is something wrong with PGP, or the way
I have configured my Autoexec.bat file :

set tz=met-1dst
SET PGPPATH=C:\PGP
SET MIXPATH=C:\pgp
SET path=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\PGP;%PATH%

Does someone know what could be wrong ? This is very important
to me, please help me.

                                Thank you, Smaragd.
                             (formerly known as "Elmer")

2. wtb apple workgroup server 9150, 9150/120, or motherboard.

3. PGP S/MIME PGP/MIME

4. Set cisco router 760

5. PGP, S/MIME, VeriSign, S/MIME & Ceritifcate

6. Control windows 2003 servers via Grouppol

7. Apple ][c BASIC

8. S/MIME vs PGP/MIME

9. ROT13 encoding PGP encoded email

10. PGP plugin 4.9.4 [improved PGP/MIME and QP handling] for Pegasus Mail released

11. Win2000 + outlook2000 + pgp 7.0.3: PGP mime not working

12. PGP & Eudora: problem replying to PGP/mime e-mail