how 2 pgp keys in pgp disk

Post by jackflash6.. » Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Can some 1 please tell me how 2 move & store my pgp key files from
Drive C: to (Drive G: pgp disk) & have it function normally as it does
in drive C:
I am not speaking of storing my keys as back ups on Drive G: ok!

Many thanks & happy PGP'ing ;-) in the coming  years.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

how 2 pgp keys in pgp disk

Post by Otto Syko » Tue, 28 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Can some 1 please tell me how 2 move & store my pgp key files from
>Drive C: to (Drive G: pgp disk) & have it function normally as it does
>in drive C:

the whole problem is, you have to mount the pgp disk first before you
are going to use the encryption/signing pgp software.
If mount the pgp disk always first there is no problem with it. Only
in the preferences of the pgp, (assuming you have one of the 6.x
variety) you have to set the correct path to those keyrings.
However you have to remamber to mount the pgp disk first, otherwise
the pgp itself will get somewhat confused not having any keyrings to
work with.

Otto Sykora
Basel,Switzerland

how 2 pgp keys in pgp disk

Post by jackflash6.. » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi! Otto.
thanks 4 your responce & have a Happy New Year.

Yes I do use 651i with disk, how ever I do need chapter & verse :-) on
how to transfer my Key file from drive C: to drive G: PGP Disk
partition.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks....

> >Can some 1 please tell me how 2 move & store my pgp key files from
> >Drive C: to (Drive G: pgp disk) & have it function normally as it
does
> >in drive C:

> the whole problem is, you have to mount the pgp disk first before you
> are going to use the encryption/signing pgp software.
> If mount the pgp disk always first there is no problem with it. Only
> in the preferences of the pgp, (assuming you have one of the 6.x
> variety) you have to set the correct path to those keyrings.
> However you have to remamber to mount the pgp disk first, otherwise
> the pgp itself will get somewhat confused not having any keyrings to
> work with.

> Otto Sykora
> Basel,Switzerland

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

how 2 pgp keys in pgp disk

Post by Otto Syko » Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Ok very simple:
yopu just copy the pubring.skr and secring.skr from the drice c: from
your directory whre the keys are located (pgp6/keys usualy)

then you simly paste those two files where ever you want to have them.

then you open options in the pgp tray and and select files.
then you enter in that form the correct path for those keyrings.

thats all

Otto Sykora
Basel,Switzerland

how 2 pgp keys in pgp disk

Post by jackflash6.. » Tue, 04 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi! Otto:
:-) New Year to U
thanks very much for the info: how ever the other day I decided to use
my logic & did as U suggested.....& all went well.

thanks again.

> Ok very simple:
> yopu just copy the pubring.skr and secring.skr from the drice c: from
> your directory whre the keys are located (pgp6/keys usualy)

> then you simly paste those two files where ever you want to have them.

> then you open options in the pgp tray and and select files.
> then you enter in that form the correct path for those keyrings.

> thats all

> Otto Sykora
> Basel,Switzerland

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. PGP 8.0 Enterprise: PGP standards for key creation process

Has anyone come across (or developed) a set of standards for rolling
out the PGP 8.0 Enterprise products? I'm currently involved with a PGP
eval and we'd like to do our build "by the book" if there is one.

The PGP documentation is fairly high-level and does not contain much
guidance on best practices for key creation, splitting/sharing and
rejoining.

for example one question we have is: if we split the Corp signing key
and it is held by three people, when do those people need to re-join
the key? Is it only when the Corp Key is modified? Or do they have to
re-join it every time the key is used by the system (that would be a
big pain in the ass if every email needs to be certified as coming
from our domain and therefore needs to be signed by the Corp signing
key).

anyone with a clue please speak up as the PGP docs are lacking and
they want us to pay for tech support on our eval. which kind of hurts
their chances of making a sale IMHO.

-ben

2. Bindings on wan wrapper

3. Help: cannot open pgp keys (pgp 6.0.2)

4. FS: Integrix 20E/41/128/4.3 gig...$1,100

5. GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

6. SMARTHUB cannot access the administration port without a passwordre: SMARTHUB cannot access the administration port without a password

7. PGP needs a large-scale trusted PGP key signer/server

8. Blowfish question

9. Can I use PGP 2.6.2's key in PGP 5.5.3?

10. PGP 2.6.2 keys and PGP 5.5.3

11. DOS PGP Won't Add PGP 5.0 Public Key

12. How PGP Signed Keys Work (Was: How PGP Works)

13. PGP 5.0 Freeware: Key validation and PGP.INI?