TEST TEST TEST

Post by Craig Patterso » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 04:25:32

TEST TEST TEST

Post by Darle » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:01:38

There is a scary thought.

Let me tell you a story:

In 1998 Nyx Net (the oldest surviving entirely free public access
Internet provider) revalidated all users.  A certain security expert
failed to send in the proper validation information (possibly because
his visa had expired).  His account was unvalidated.  In February 1999
one of the Board of Directors of Nyx Net found him online doing things
an unvalidated account could not do.  One of the administrators
investigated and found that he had create a trap door before his
account was unvalidated. The trap door was closed and all permissions
to his directory were turned off.  A few weeks later he returned
(leaving footprints in the security logs) and destroyed the operating
system of the main server on Nyx Net, causing Nyx to be down for
several weeks.  The FBI was contacted but because Nyx is a non-profit
and could not show that it had suffered any substantial financial
harm, the FBI was not interested. However, Nyx administrators
preserved the evidence.

Now we here that he is part of the PGP command line development team.
Very scary....

1. TESt TEST TEST TEST

TEST TEST TES...can someone let me know if my news group thing is
working?

Darryl Wright
Grand Wizard - Ontario KKK
"Death to Abe Lincoln"

2. X10 problems

3. test test test test ignore

4. credit card transaction as transfer and charge

5. test test test

6. Start of applications by hyperref-links ?

7. Test Test Test

8. Tools