to prove mail sent

Post by j ik?heim » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

PGP can be used for gaining mail privacy, integrity and non-repudiation.
That is, the receiver can show that the sender has sent him a certain
letter. What about the opposite case? How could the sender prove that
he has sent a certain letter if the receiver denies this?

How about the time stamp in signed messages? Can it be forged by the
sender?

Jussi

to prove mail sent

Post by jungl » Wed, 05 Jul 2000 04:00:00

use independent [ 3rd party ] time stamp service ...

ask time stamp service to send for you to receivers ...
it works flawlessly & you will have indisputable proof
of SEND TO [ recipient list ] made ...

Post by Thor Kotteli » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> How could the sender prove that
> he has sent a certain letter if the receiver denies this?

<URL:http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper.htm> describes one method.

Quote:> How about the time stamp in signed messages? Can it be forged by the
> sender?

AFAIK that would be a simple matter of adjusting the time on one's PGP
workstation.

Thor

--
Plain old email is very insecure. Please make it
a little safer for yourself and me by using PGP.

1. sending double e mail when i only want to send one!!

HELLO, WHEN I SEND OUT E MAILS ALL GOES WELL, BUT WHEN I
SEND OUT AN E MAIL WITH A PICTURE OR ATTACHMENT THE PEOPLE
RECIEVE DOUBLE E MAILS.I BRING UP THE E MAIL, ATTACH THE
ATTACHMENT, CLICK TO THEN I DOUBLE CLICK ON THEIR NAME, IT
APPEARS ON THE TO LINE, DO AS MANY AS I WANT ,AFTER I HAVE
ALL THE NAMES IN THE TO BOX, I HIT SEND, AND THEY RECIEVE
TWO OF THE SAME E MAILS!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??  THANK
YOU,VETERAN!

2. RedHat on Sparc 20

3. 3-?'s MS product registration & edit "sent" mail for re-mailing

4. mac files on a Novell server to a Win2k server

5. Sending mail messages via cc:mail via powerbuilder app

6. Original Switchlinc 2 way Switches - Disable Transmit

7. Rational Clearcase perl and Mail::Send--Undeliverable Mail T rapping?

8. What happened to Microsoft's quality control?

9. Mail::Send or Mail::Sendmail question

10. MSN re: Send To, Send Page, Send Link etc. default email

11. Beta mail has NOT been sent---the post stating that is fake.

12. UI/Web Developer Available For Your Requirement Please send your mail to satish@ibs-consulting.net

13. HELP Please! Send Mail to: Macro/VB