Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by William R. He » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00



Hello,

I've just upgraded to E Pro 4.0 and just installed the 5.5.3 version
of PGP.  I'm having some troubles signing (and verifying) mail.

I've been sending test messages to myself to check out how the two
work together.  If I encrypt a message, and send it to myself, I can
decrypt it with no problem.

If if PGP sign a message though and send it to myself, when I check
the validity of the signature (after receiving it back), I'm getting
Bad Signature from PGPlog.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks and have a great new year all.

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by William R. He » Fri, 02 Jan 1998 04:00:00





>>Hello,

>>I've just upgraded to E Pro 4.0 and just installed the 5.5.3 version
>>of PGP.  I'm having some troubles signing (and verifying) mail.

>>I've been sending test messages to myself to check out how the two
>>work together.  If I encrypt a message, and send it to myself, I can
>>decrypt it with no problem.

>>If if PGP sign a message though and send it to myself, when I check
>>the validity of the signature (after receiving it back), I'm getting
>>Bad Signature from PGPlog.

>make sure the PGP word wrap is set lower than Eudora...  I normally set PGP to
>78 chars per line (via the preferences/email tab) and in Eudora I set it to 80
>chars per line...

Thanks for the suggestion Justin.

It would appear that this is one of those undocuments features that
people love so much.

I checked the eudora news group and found others with the same problem
and they were saying that its a known bug.

-bill

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by William R. He » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00




Quote:>Word-Wrap Clear-Signed Messages at Column [ ]
>This setting specifies the column number where a hard
>carriage return is used to wrap the text in your digital
>signature to the next line. This feature is necessary because
>not all applications handle word wrapping in the same
>way, which could cause the lines in your digitally signed messages to be broken
>up in a way that cannot be easily
>read.The default setting is 70, which prevents problems
>with most applications.

>If you change the word-wrap setting in PGP, make sure that it is
>less than the word-wrap settings in your e-mail application. If
>you set it to be the same or a greater length, carriage returns
>may be added that will invalidate your PGP signature.

Well Justin, the fun continues.

I looked for word wrap settings in Eudora.  I have the box clicked
under tools/options/send mail for word wrap.  Help says that the word
wrap will wrap around 76 characters.  I see under
tools/options/viewing mail that the window is 80 chars wide.

Under pgp tray/Preferences/email word wrap is set to 70 characters.
So far so good.  

I've found that if I click on Use PGP/Mime when sending email, my
message is sent as an attachment, and it will verify the signature.

If I click it off, and use the send attachments as Mime and either
inserting the text attachment into the body of the message (or not)
(E-Pro,tools/options/attachments) I get a bad signature

What I want to get away from is the attachments.  I want the message
and the pgp signing to be sent and viewable.  I don't want to have to
mess with attachments if possilbe.

Thanks!

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by David Sternligh » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00


The word wrap problem is well known and also happens with versions of PGP used
with Netscape or most any other application that does word wrap. One has to
negotiate between two difficult extremes:

1. Having a signature fail to validate;
2. Having extra word wrapping so one gets chopped up lines.

There's usually a combination that satisfies both, but it's not intuitively
obvious. It may also be a function of the width of the window you're using to
read or compose messages.

It's due to PGP's fundamental weakness--that it is a pre- and post-processor
and not fully integrated into mailers and newsreaders as is S/MIME with
Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Many a novice user has come a cropper over this. Frankly, I don't fully
understand it myself but have had to use trial and error with respect to the
mailer's word wrap setting, PGP's word wrap setting, and the width of the
window I use to compose and read traffic. Unfortunately, many mailers don't
have a default or option for window width, so you have to remember to
approximate the correct window width each time you launch your mailer/browser.
The alternative is to turn it off entirely and end up with very long lines
that lead to complaints by others who don't use window-width word-wrapping readers.

We don't hear much about all three of the above factors either here or from
PGP Inc., though we do hear about two of them.

David




> >Word-Wrap Clear-Signed Messages at Column [ ]
> >This setting specifies the column number where a hard
> >carriage return is used to wrap the text in your digital
> >signature to the next line. This feature is necessary because
> >not all applications handle word wrapping in the same
> >way, which could cause the lines in your digitally signed messages to be broken
> >up in a way that cannot be easily
> >read.The default setting is 70, which prevents problems
> >with most applications.

> >If you change the word-wrap setting in PGP, make sure that it is
> >less than the word-wrap settings in your e-mail application. If
> >you set it to be the same or a greater length, carriage returns
> >may be added that will invalidate your PGP signature.

> Well Justin, the fun continues.

> I looked for word wrap settings in Eudora.  I have the box clicked
> under tools/options/send mail for word wrap.  Help says that the word
> wrap will wrap around 76 characters.  I see under
> tools/options/viewing mail that the window is 80 chars wide.

> Under pgp tray/Preferences/email word wrap is set to 70 characters.
> So far so good.

> I've found that if I click on Use PGP/Mime when sending email, my
> message is sent as an attachment, and it will verify the signature.

> If I click it off, and use the send attachments as Mime and either
> inserting the text attachment into the body of the message (or not)
> (E-Pro,tools/options/attachments) I get a bad signature

> What I want to get away from is the attachments.  I want the message
> and the pgp signing to be sent and viewable.  I don't want to have to
> mess with attachments if possilbe.

> Thanks!

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by Ed Sto » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00



<snip>

Quote:> It's due to PGP's fundamental weakness--that it is a pre- and post-processor
> and not fully integrated into mailers and newsreaders as is S/MIME with
> Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I was not aware that the S/MIME implementation in Netscape Communicator and
MSIE were "fully integrated into mailers and newsreaders". For example, can
you now use those integrated newsreaders to conveniently post an S/MIME-based
encrypted message to "alt.anonymous.messages"? Can you use those integrated
mailers and newsreaders to conveniently S/MIME-application encrypt an
unencrypted mail message you have received, or an unencrypted news article
you have read, and save it on your hard disk?

Possibly it is a "feature" that Netscape has decided in your behalf that you
don't need to post encrypted messages to alt.anonymous.messages or anywhere
else?

I suppose you could accomplish encryption of that unencrypted email you have
received by encrypting it as you email it to yourself, and then store the
received email without decrypting it? Then possibly there is a way to easily
get it back to the Netscape or MSIE "fully-integrated" S/MIME capability to
decrypt it somehow?

If not, then I would happily trade off occasional wrapping problems in favor
of a real security tool that with great convenience and security signs,
decrypts and encrypts files, directories, email (integrated beautifully in
Eudora) and newsposts, if desired.
<snip>

--
-------------------------------
Ed Stone

remove "-birdname" spam avoider
-------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by Anthony E. Gree » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



Quote:>It's due to PGP's fundamental weakness--that it is a pre- and post
processor
>and not fully integrated into mailers and newsreaders as is S/MIME with
>Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

There is button in Eudora, Exchange/Outlook, and Claris that allows PGP/MIME
integration. Interested readers can see an screenshot of this button on an
Outlook message window at <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>. The PGP
buttons appear just to the right of the S/MIME buttons on the same toolbar.

The use of PGP/MIME can be made the default mode by changing a setting in
PGP Preferences.

Tony

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
Charset: noconv

iQCdAwUBNK5ZPkRUP9V4zUMpAQG/fAQ7BG+SF9B8baaZ0mh5UCRQWIS2v1DHFBuF
FqbHXbMy6bI0h0Ccs85SgxC0qOP92DFzpTosuWEHg9okIZud8TvzL4rR+zS+hrEy
jgmT3EzujD6FLaFukVLh0J6KME/SrRKIZTd3W2JoR7Qy3N7B7PxBeG5i+PFO3B1o
Y7YcevYPkUxa9D/zHgXNEw==
=Z7Tk
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
to everyone. See link below.
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
 What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
 My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
 FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by David Sternlig » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00




>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



>>It's due to PGP's fundamental weakness--that it is a pre- and post
>processor
>>and not fully integrated into mailers and newsreaders as is S/MIME with
>>Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

>There is button in Eudora, Exchange/Outlook, and Claris that allows PGP/MIME
>integration. Interested readers can see an screenshot of this button on an
>Outlook message window at <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>. The PGP
>buttons appear just to the right of the S/MIME buttons on the same toolbar.

>The use of PGP/MIME can be made the default mode by changing a setting in
>PGP Preferences.

Not much good if your correspondents are using PGP 2.x.

David

--
The search for a single solution to each of the problems of mankind inevitably leads to tyranny.--Sir Isaiah Berlin, d. Nov 5, 1997

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by Anthony E. Gree » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00




>There is button in Eudora, Exchange/Outlook, and Claris that allows PGP/MIME
>integration.

There is also a beta plugin available for Outlook Express users at
<http://beta.pgp.com/>.

Tony

 -------------------------------------------------------------

 Use PGP -- Security and Signatures for Email
 What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
 My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
 FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by Anthony E. Gree » Sun, 04 Jan 1998 04:00:00


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



[about PGP/MIME]

Quote:

>Not much good if your correspondents are using PGP 2.x.

>David

Not true. The attachment can still be decoded by any MIME mailer and handled
separately by the 2.6x user. Almost all mailers in use on the Internet these
days support MIME.

Still, both PGP/MIME and non-PGP/MIME modes are supported and can be
switched on a per-message basis if desired, using a button on the message
window as you're composing the message.

I have sucessfully recieved clearsigned messages from Eudora 4.0 users. I
suspect that the use of HTML in the message may cause a problem though. not
being a 4.0 user, I can't say for sure. I have noticed that HTML messages in
Eudora have been known to cause problems with some SMTP servers because the
lines were not wrapped. This lack of line wraps is fine for browsers, but
not mailers. If the wrapping applied by PGP is undone by Eudora it would
cause signatures to fail.

If my assumptions are correct, avoiding HTML or using PGP/MIME should solve
the problem.

Tony

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
Charset: noconv

iQCcAwUBNK6NR0RUP9V4zUMpAQGGMwQ4kNuXFTJ1uPOZKRt0PcZRDi64VPcAzYw4
FiPXcYIlumsytCtiYenw2xgLU06aBsOQLQIGA8us1vQ3Rf9xvff8iA+E4tTWM4KR
mt3xS9Is9h7QL8cgqxE0gtVf4dBMwZAQ9h2TUK20tGd1+po8LmwZIWAgPcJp/kVJ
Wg+cE4Mq9q6D6yhiYZc9
=O+9s
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
to everyone. See link below.
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
 What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
 My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
 FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by David Sternligh » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00


That a button may be installed doesn't necessarily mean that PGP is fully
integrated. I've seen at least one mailer (Eudora Pro, as I recall) in which
the problem I mention might be avoided by the plug-in by encrypting or signing
behind the scenes as the last thing before sending the message. The user never
gets to see the encrypted or signed message, and it is not presented in a
screen (which might then do additional word-wrap mischief) before sending.

Whether this solves the word wrap problem I don't know. One would have to send
(or save) a copy to oneself and then see if the signature validates and the
message looks ok with various window widths and word-wrap settings for both
sending and receiving.

David


> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



> >It's due to PGP's fundamental weakness--that it is a pre- and post
> processor
> >and not fully integrated into mailers and newsreaders as is S/MIME with
> >Netscape Communicator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.

> There is button in Eudora, Exchange/Outlook, and Claris that allows PGP/MIME
> integration. Interested readers can see an screenshot of this button on an
> Outlook message window at <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>. The PGP
> buttons appear just to the right of the S/MIME buttons on the same toolbar.

> The use of PGP/MIME can be made the default mode by changing a setting in
> PGP Preferences.

> Tony

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
> Charset: noconv

> iQCdAwUBNK5ZPkRUP9V4zUMpAQG/fAQ7BG+SF9B8baaZ0mh5UCRQWIS2v1DHFBuF
> FqbHXbMy6bI0h0Ccs85SgxC0qOP92DFzpTosuWEHg9okIZud8TvzL4rR+zS+hrEy
> jgmT3EzujD6FLaFukVLh0J6KME/SrRKIZTd3W2JoR7Qy3N7B7PxBeG5i+PFO3B1o
> Y7YcevYPkUxa9D/zHgXNEw==
> =Z7Tk
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

> P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
> signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
> to everyone. See link below.
>  -------------------------------------------------------------

>  Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
>  What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
>  My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
>  FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
>  -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by David Sternligh » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00


My comment was about integration  with respect to the word-wrap problem and
not interoperability. It remains true. What is more, I don't think 2.x can
handle PGP/MIME enclosures without at least copying them to a file by hand and
then processing the file. I couldn't get PGP 2.x to read PGP/MIME on the fly
sent with the Eudora Pro 5.x plug-ins. Can you?

David


> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



> [about PGP/MIME]

> >Not much good if your correspondents are using PGP 2.x.

> >David

> Not true. The attachment can still be decoded by any MIME mailer and handled
> separately by the 2.6x user. Almost all mailers in use on the Internet these
> days support MIME.

> Still, both PGP/MIME and non-PGP/MIME modes are supported and can be
> switched on a per-message basis if desired, using a button on the message
> window as you're composing the message.

> I have sucessfully recieved clearsigned messages from Eudora 4.0 users. I
> suspect that the use of HTML in the message may cause a problem though. not
> being a 4.0 user, I can't say for sure. I have noticed that HTML messages in
> Eudora have been known to cause problems with some SMTP servers because the
> lines were not wrapped. This lack of line wraps is fine for browsers, but
> not mailers. If the wrapping applied by PGP is undone by Eudora it would
> cause signatures to fail.

> If my assumptions are correct, avoiding HTML or using PGP/MIME should solve
> the problem.

> Tony

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
> Charset: noconv

> iQCcAwUBNK6NR0RUP9V4zUMpAQGGMwQ4kNuXFTJ1uPOZKRt0PcZRDi64VPcAzYw4
> FiPXcYIlumsytCtiYenw2xgLU06aBsOQLQIGA8us1vQ3Rf9xvff8iA+E4tTWM4KR
> mt3xS9Is9h7QL8cgqxE0gtVf4dBMwZAQ9h2TUK20tGd1+po8LmwZIWAgPcJp/kVJ
> Wg+cE4Mq9q6D6yhiYZc9
> =O+9s
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

> P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
> signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
> to everyone. See link below.
>  -------------------------------------------------------------

>  Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
>  What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
>  My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
>  FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
>  -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by Anthony E. Gree » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



Quote:>My comment was about integration  with respect to the word-wrap problem and
>not interoperability.


"There is button in Eudora, Exchange/Outlook, and Claris that allows
PGP/MIME integration."


"Not much good if your correspondents are using PGP 2.x."

That sounds like an interoperability comment on the point I made about
integration. Specifically, you seem to be saying that PGP/MIME integration
interferes with interoperability with 2.x versions. If that's not your
intended meaning, then please elaborate.

Quote:>It remains true. What is more, I don't think 2.x can
>handle PGP/MIME enclosures without at least copying them to a file by hand
and
>then processing the file. I couldn't get PGP 2.x to read PGP/MIME on the
fly
>sent with the Eudora Pro 5.x plug-ins. Can you?

No. That's what I meant by "handling separately".

The more commonly used alternative is to set word wrap settings once.
Another alternative is to use the default setting (70) which will work with
every mail client I've seen or heard of. These two courses of action work
well enough that I see many more clearsigned messages than PGP/MIME
messages.

Tony

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
Charset: noconv

iQCdAwUBNLFpV0RUP9V4zUMpAQGm2QQ6A1xWgOgqAmjqrcSDqe4JuE7D8k6YnGoc
mh5uOS8bM8+Ugy/SSFduYFLm9hiOLS42ODaK/Nbse5orpbDs1eD000xjKFSOdg/T
G3JjQQ7PiaZwXS+1H2/ggk3JvMHyD3F5JP2ynJuaR3dFE0Ohkn3b+6NziLsK+Pa4
ec0Ptzp5J0L1w0ojHeLmyw==
=T+1+
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
to everyone. See link below.
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
 What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
 My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
 FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Eudora Pro 4.0 and PGP 5.5.3 - Signing messages

Post by Anthony E. Gree » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----



Quote:>That a button may be installed doesn't necessarily mean that PGP is fully
>integrated.

Agreed. It does mean that the user does not see a separate window or need to
be constantly aware of another application.

Quote:> I've seen at least one mailer (Eudora Pro, as I recall) in which
>the problem I mention might be avoided by the plug-in by encrypting or
signing
>behind the scenes as the last thing before sending the message. The user
never
>gets to see the encrypted or signed message, and it is not presented in a
>screen (which might then do additional word-wrap mischief) before sending.

That is how the PGP 5.x plugn works with both Exchange/Outlook and Eudora.
PGP is called when the user presses the Queue/Send button. At that point the
message is processed, then placed in the queue or sent, depending on other
user settings. In either case, the message is no longer open and subject to
accidental mangling by the user or the software.

Quote:>Whether this solves the word wrap problem I don't know. One would have to
send
>(or save) a copy to oneself and then see if the signature validates and the
>message looks ok with various window widths and word-wrap settings for both
>sending and receiving.

Compositon window width has no effect on final word wrap in Outlook,
Exchange, Eudora, Agent, or Netscape Mail on the Windows platform. The mail
client wraps outgoing text according to software- or user-specified word
wrap settings.

The only times word wrap causes problems with Windows users are when the
mail client alters pasted in text or when the user selects a non-default
word wrap in PGP Preferences that is larger than their mail client's wrap
setting.

I'm not a MAC user and have no experience with window width having an effect
on outgoing message wrap.

Tony

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
Charset: noconv

iQCcAwUBNLFvjkRUP9V4zUMpAQECBQQ4i/Ux4426r/ZI5H65GRsWm1oXTmv0SU37
4JssvIzgJMbPh56M2busSZ/69KuissjGkhYbf0xAyzAeJDR2uSikzqdLOhNMI8DI
pzm1L/D/lvDYixW5XGJ/gspcljjXXytox+AdOgVb4klZvXJ9lZiHtonzinEaqPOp
cbcaq0hDH3wpdc825W8H
=8lkN
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

P.S. PGP 5.5 (freeware) users will not be able to verify this
signature, although I can verify theirs. PGP 5.0 users can talk
to everyone. See link below.
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 Use PGP -- Envelopes and Signatures for Email
 What is PGP? <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/>
 My PGP Key: <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/pgp/agreene.key>
 FREEWARE Win95 PGP 5.0: <http://web.mit.edu/network/pgp.html>
 -------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

1. signing with Eudora 4.0

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Yup.  This is a "feature" with the Eudora PGP plugin.  When running a plugin,
it can either run at "queue time" or "send time".  "Queue time" means that
the plugin is run when the message is queued, so the modified message is
stored in the Out box.  "Send time" means the original message is stored in
the Out box, but whenever Eudora sends the message, it applies the plugin to
the message then.  The PGP plugin runs at queue time, saving your message as
an attachment of the form mim????.msg in the directory pointed to by the TMP
or TEMP (I can never remember which) environment variable, and sending that
file.

Annoying isn't it?

The only workaround I've found is to manually apply the plugin (i.e. not use
the two neat little buttons it gives you).  When I'm finished composing the
message, if you right click in the message window and select "Message
Plug-ins", you'll have a little menu of all your plugins.  From here I select
to sign or encrypt my messages.  The only problem is that once I encrypt
something, unless I include myself as a recipient, I can't read what I
previously wrote, so I do include myself as a recipient.

<sarcasm>
Just keep telling yourself, "It's a feature, so it must be good."  :)
</sarcasm>


                  --- Dave Allen ---

Sorry for the inconvienence, but to send me mail, remove the
"do.not.send.me.junk.mail" from my email address.

PGP key (ID: 0xA4EB07B1) available from MIT keyserver

******************************************************************************
   WARNING:  The Surgeon General has determined that doing anything, anytime,
   anywhere, with anyone may be hazardous to your health.  Have a nice day.

******************************************************************************

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: 5.5.3

iQA/AwUBNUoO8vBgE8+k6wexEQKUFACg89DaJFK0mRlUUrxTAisH0VrHvcMAoNGb
HD3XRSMpQ+LAr2auAmUwTsnO
=N50e
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2. Accuras and Sportsters

3. Eudora 3.0.5 Plugin, PGP 5.0, & Sign vs. Queue buttons

4. incomming mail alert

5. PGP 5.5.3 Eudora 4.0 Clearsign

6. TIGA Card & Drivers for OS/2 ?

7. After PGP 5.5 no change to Eudora 4.0?

8. Solstice server

9. PGP 5.5.3 + Eudora 4.0...

10. PGP Plug-In for Eudora 4.0???

11. MSN and Eudora Pro 4.0

12. PGP 5.5 Eudora and Eudora 4

13. PGP 6; HTML and Eudora Pro 4