PGP Disk, NTFS --> Problem with restoring from CD-ROM

PGP Disk, NTFS --> Problem with restoring from CD-ROM

Post by Gera » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 05:40:12

I transfered a pgp-disk from one system to another via CD-ROM. This
PDG-file was formatted in NTFS. Now I get the message:
"This PGPdisk could not be mounted because it was formatted using the
NTFS filesystem, which cannot be used in read-only mode (164)";

I assume, that it is because of the read-only- status of the
transfer-medium "CD-ROM". Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
I found no post in the newsgroups ...

Many thanks for any tip in advance

Gerald

PGP Disk, NTFS --> Problem with restoring from CD-ROM

Post by dr. emailposte » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 06:13:53

Every file copied from a CD keeps the READ ONLY attribute. Change it to
READ/WRITE (Right Click/Properties/uncheck READ ONLY).

It causes problems with other applications too, like .PST files for MS
Outlook.

Quote:> I transfered a pgp-disk from one system to another via CD-ROM. This
> PDG-file was formatted in NTFS. Now I get the message:
> "This PGPdisk could not be mounted because it was formatted using the
> NTFS filesystem, which cannot be used in read-only mode (164)";

> I assume, that it is because of the read-only- status of the
> transfer-medium "CD-ROM". Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
> I found no post in the newsgroups ...

> Many thanks for any tip in advance

> Gerald

1. CD-ROM Driver <<<<ANYONE!>>>>

I am looking for a driver for a SGNXPRO cd-rom, the
file name is SGCDU.SYS, seems it was erased off the
drive of a computer i ended up with. ANy drive may
do...i think all cd-rom drivers are brand specific.
Thanks for any help!

2. WANTED: ZAURUS 5000/5800

3. PGP disk in NTFS problem

4. FS: Sun Sparc Ultra1 Model 167 $350

5. CD-ROM Jukebox, CD-ROM exchanger for 100, or more cds

6. German CAPI docs

7. SINDAR >> FS6 Changing CD-Rom Drive <<

8. How to use cryptoAPI in compact framework

9. CD-ROM Drive unable to read CD-ROM

10. cd-rom won't recognize data cd-rom's

11. CD-ROM,DVD-ROM recognition problem

12. Backup Removable Disk/Tape/CD to CD-ROM

13. IDE CD-ROM -> SCSI CD-R