Help! Can't get MacPGP to work!

Post by Paul Wak » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I'm doing my best, but I can't get MacPGP 2.6.2 to work.  I generated a
key, which created a public and a secret keyring.  But when I try to
encrypt a message then instead of getting a dialogue box asking me to
check a key, I get a warning that MacPGP can't find a secret key, and
that's as far as I get.  I assume that this problem also explains why I
couldn't get the AppleScript in OSA menu to encrypt from Eudora, or why
the PGP Kit "Do my after installation" program won't work once it gets to
the part where you enter a name and try to generate a key.  What's going
on?  I have downloaded PGP plus the kit allowing me to link to to Eudora
and Burn (trash alternative), so I should be able to have wondrous
privacy and security.  But I can't get past square one, so to speak!
Strangely, if I just do Conventional Encrypt, it'll work--even shows my
list of keys.  And then it'll do the regular PGP encryption, but when I
restart, it's the same old problem.

Help! Can't get MacPGP to work!

Post by Philo » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> I'm doing my best, but I can't get MacPGP 2.6.2 to work.  I generated a
> key, which created a public and a secret keyring.  But when I try to
> encrypt a message then instead of getting a dialogue box asking me to
> check a key, I get a warning that MacPGP can't find a secret key, and
> that's as far as I get.

Truly a frequently asked question.
You need to fill in the    MyName=    line of your config.txt file.
Fill in the name you used for your secret key.

Quote:>  I assume that this problem also explains why I

--
*

1. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

Hello,

Is it possible to 'drive' a canned QNX Windows application
(canned == exe only) from another application ?  What I want to
do is to send the application window events 'faking' real user input,
e.g. button clicks, drags, keyboard hits or whatever, and make the
application react as if the user was driving it.

I have tried the simplistic approach of filling events with what
should be stuffed in for a certain action (QW_CLICK, for example)
and sending the event to the app. via a PutEvent(), with no success.

I tried becoming the owner of windows and pictures the application
owns (by means of WindowOwner, PictureOwner), setting the 'writable
by anyone' flag "W" on both, returning the ownership of windows and
pictures to the application, and sending event with no success
either.

When my application owns winds & picts, I am able to receive 'real'
events directed to the application.

Is this intrinsically impossible ?  If not, could someone please give
me any clue on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance,

--

  VFlops.
  Servicios Especiales de Computacion.  Modelado de Procesos.

2. ZyXEL ISDN Comments Please

3. Getting 'man' to work under MacMinix

4. publishing with ASP

5. Error in MacPGP 263's AppleScript dictionnary

6. Image Plofile Performance

7. It's not bad canned meat...

8. Maggie 22...

9. `vi' without `stty crt -tabs' gets crazy (Help!)

10. Help:t WinNT dialin to QNX Standalone Host, Getting Samba 'No Route to Host'

11. What's the secret to getting HP DeskScan II to work under NT?