Auto PGP-encrypting e-mail forwarding service

Post by whg.. » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Here's my problem:
>My sysadmin reads users' e-mail - he even bragged about it once. The
>obvious solution is to get everyone to use PGP, but I'm a journalist and
>I have to communicate with lots of non-techie people. Most of the people
>I contact barely know how to handle e-mail attachments, much less PGP or
>anonymous remailers.
>Here's what I'm looking for:
>People who want to contact me would send their e-mail to a special

>the message with my public key and forward it to my regular e-mail
>address. I know that some remailers have PGP encryption features. But I'm
>looking for a solution where users don't have to reformat their messages
>or add any headers - they can just send normal messages to it like any
>regular e-mail address.
>Basically, I want to ensure my contacts don't have to bother with PGP or
>arcane remailer commands, and that sonofa* sysadmin in my company is
>totally baffled by all the PGP-encrypted messages in my mailbox ;-)

How much traffic are we talking?

I could set up an e-mail account for you on my domain at openpgp.net:

pgp, encrypt the mail, and then forward it to your local mail server.

Let me know if you are interested, I have the scripts allready written for
doing the encryption so all I have to do is set them up to work with
procmail.

At no extra cost I can have my scripts and some intresting messages for
your snooping sysop attached to each message. <EG>

William H. Geiger III  http://www.veryComputer.com/
Geiger Consulting    Cooking With Warp 4.0

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.veryComputer.com/

Auto PGP-encrypting e-mail forwarding service

Post by David Lesh » Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hiya folks, anyone know of a an e-mail forwarding service that can
>automatically PGP-encrypt outgoing mail? (commercial or otherwise)
>Here's my problem:
>My sysadmin reads users' e-mail - he even bragged about it once.

If your mail is not kept on your machine; your admin has no way to
get to it.  Get a shell account at another provider. Use ssh to
access it.

1. PGP Encrypt Forwarded Mail?

I am interested in PGP encrypting forwarded mail using the .forward file.

I have tried putting the following into the .forward file:
|/home/syrag/pgp/pgp -eaf syrag | mailx -s Forwarded_Mail_PGP

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work?

Thanks,

Syrag

2. Lakmeyer EPROM Burner

3. Free e.mail forwarding service w PGP

4. Visor Edge Question

5. Searching through PGP encrypted Emails ?

6. Tape drive

7. How do I send encrypted e-mail to someone without PGP?

8. Dynamic IP Address w/ OS/2 Warp

9. Auto Forward

10. PGP 7 - Error on Win2K- "Cannot connect to the PGP SDK service"

11. PGP 7.0.3 / NT 4.0 PGP SDK service cannot start error

12. Auto-Forwarding in DSSP

13. Auto encrypt incoming messages