PGP key import into GPG with time error

Post by Dav » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:43:12

PGP key import into GPG with time error

Post by David Sha » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 08:55:46

> Sometimes when I import a PGP key into GPG, it gives a time error,
> like "this key has been created 300 seconds in the future" and it
> will not import.
> However, if you wait for the amount of seconds it says, then try the
> import again, it works. Strange. Just wondering if anyone else has
> had this problem.
> I'm using PGP 8.0.2 with GPG 1.0.6

This means that the key was created on a machine with a mis-set clock.
You can override the error with the --ignore-time-conflict option.

Quote:> Also, if I add a photo to a PGP key, then import the public key into
> GPG, they key imports fine, but says the photo is revoked. Is this a
> compatibility issue?

That is an old bug in 1.0.6.  You shouldn't use 1.0.6 any more - the
current version of GnuPG is 1.2.2 and there are major improvements.

David

1. Import GPG private key into PGP?

Has anyone had any success importing a GPG private key into Windows/Mac
PGP?  I have tried doing an import of gpg's secring, and the output of
gpg --armor --export-secret-keys, with no success.

Thanks in advance

Jon

--
Jonathan Vaughan

2. gnu-win32 by Cygnus

3. PGP->GPG Key import test

4. Drivers for HP DJ 600..850..?

5. Can't Import Public Key (GPG)

6. WAV to ATC and ATC to WAV

7. Imported PGP7.0.3 into GPG 1.0.6, "primary key" wrong

8. PGP and GPG (+ GPG Shell)

9. Problems encrypting to gpg public key with PGP

10. Can I use my PGP keys with GPG?

11. moving key pair from gpg to pgp

12. importing pgp-keys in gnupg & special chars in name