Can't execute pgp binary for linux - please help

Can't execute pgp binary for linux - please help

Post by Erlend Neergaar » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I've tried installing pgp for linux on my universitys unix machine using
the instructions at:

ftp://tonelli.sns.it/pub/Linux/Slackware3.0.0/INDEX.html

...but I get an error message going something like "error: can't
execute binary file".

What can be the reason for this?

  /-----------------------------------------------------\
 / Erlend Neergaard                                      \

 \                      your mail to my current adress   /
  \-----------------------------------------------------/

Post by Boudewijn W. Ch. Viss » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>I've tried installing pgp for linux on my universitys unix machine using
>the instructions at:
>ftp://tonelli.sns.it/pub/Linux/Slackware3.0.0/INDEX.html
>...but I get an error message going something like "error: can't
>execute binary file".
>What can be the reason for this?

Let me guess : The universitys machine is not an Intel PC running Linux ?

Unix is -source- compatible, only rarely binary compatible.
You can't run Linux binaries on Suns or Silicon Graphics or Decs or HP's(PA-risc) or RS/6000 or Cray's etc. Linux -binaries- for Intel Linux only run
on Intel Linux, and perhaps FreeBSD on Intels.

Get the -source- for linux and compile it.

It is really very easy. Just type make <mymachine> .

Boudewijn

|Dep. of Applied Physics,Delft University of Technology |PGP-key    |
+-- my own opinions etc --------------------------------------------+

Can't execute pgp binary for linux - please help

Post by Pablo Saratxa » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Kaixo!

 > I've tried installing pgp for linux on my universitys unix machine using
 > the instructions at:
 >
 > ftp://tonelli.sns.it/pub/Linux/Slackware3.0.0/INDEX.html
 >
 > ...but I get an error message going something like "error: can't
 > execute binary file".

Have you compiled it ? which version of librairies does it use ?
What is is excutable format ? (use the "file" command)
Has it the execute bit set ?

--

A bient?t,
Pablo Saratxaga

Visitez http://www.z2.fidonet.org le site du fidonet europen

:wq ;-)                               PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975

1. Word97 macro to Create Adobe PDF won't execute ... please help.

I need to convert a folder full of Word97 documents to PDF by
executing a Word macro from within MSAccess97.  I have recorded a
Word97 macro by clicking File/Create Adobe PDF and  then clicking the
the Create button on the Adobe 4.0 PDF Maker dialog that pops up. The
resulting VBA code in the macro is:

Sub ConvertToAcrobat()
'
' ConvertToAcrobat Macro
'
  Application.Run MacroName:="AdobePDFMakerA.AutoExec.Main"

Application.RunMacroName:="AdobePDFMakerA.Initialization.AddOurMenuItem"
  Application.Run MacroName:="AdobePDFMakerA.AutoExec.DoPrefsForm"

End Sub

When I execute the recorded macro in Word97, I get the following
message, an error code I can't find anywhere in my documentation:

Error 4633 - Unable to run specified macro.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Note:  I would actually like to convert the folderfull of Word97
documents into PDF  (so they can be sent to a Web site) with a batch
process instead of executing tis code one at a time ... if there's a
way to do this on the Acrobat command line I would be grateful to know
that also. (I've done my Dejanews homework, but couldn't find
anything.)

Thanks very much ...

2. FS: A2065 Ethernet Card

3. help: executing 'csh' commands from 'vi'

4. PVCS 6.6 and PowerBuilder 7

5. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

6. OpenVMS DECWindows window managers?

7. PGP/MIME decoder (Perl or Linux binary)

8. Internet Mail software advice

9. Pointer regarding 'HTML Help' help please!

10. Can't run Linux Binary version

11. 'pgp -c' in PGP 5.x for Windows gone?

12. It's not bad canned meat...