GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

Post by Wilfried Rutje » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Yesterday I installed PGP 6.5.3 on my computer, with GroupWise snap-in. In
the menubar I get 3 new icons for PGP.

When I make a messages and click on encrypting and then on send the
following happens.

I get a dialogbox with the text: Searching for PGP keys that match
recepients. There is a bar for 20% filled. This dialogbox stays on for hours
if you don't close it. When I close it I have to close GroupWise with the
CTRL-ALT-DEL method, because GW is dead.

Does anybody know what to do about this?

Wilfried Rutjes

GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

Post by Noah Salzma » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What verison of GroupWise?  What version of Windows? Go to the Server panel
in Options and uncheck any of the Synchronize With Server options (so that
you can at least use GW and PGP until we can fix the larger problem).

Quote:> Yesterday I installed PGP 6.5.3 on my computer, with GroupWise snap-in. In
> the menubar I get 3 new icons for PGP.

> When I make a messages and click on encrypting and then on send the
> following happens.

> I get a dialogbox with the text: Searching for PGP keys that match
> recepients. There is a bar for 20% filled. This dialogbox stays on for
hours
> if you don't close it. When I close it I have to close GroupWise with the
> CTRL-ALT-DEL method, because GW is dead.

> Does anybody know what to do about this?

> Wilfried Rutjes

GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

Post by Wilfried Rutje » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello Noah,

The version of GroupWise is 5.5.2, and it happens with Windows 95 and with
Windows 98 as well.
Not one option was enabled in the server panel, so there is nothing to
uncheck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Wilfried Rutjes

> What verison of GroupWise?  What version of Windows? Go to the Server
panel
> in Options and uncheck any of the Synchronize With Server options (so that
> you can at least use GW and PGP until we can fix the larger problem).

> > Yesterday I installed PGP 6.5.3 on my computer, with GroupWise snap-in.
In
> > the menubar I get 3 new icons for PGP.

> > When I make a messages and click on encrypting and then on send the
> > following happens.

> > I get a dialogbox with the text: Searching for PGP keys that match
> > recepients. There is a bar for 20% filled. This dialogbox stays on for
> hours
> > if you don't close it. When I close it I have to close GroupWise with
the
> > CTRL-ALT-DEL method, because GW is dead.

> > Does anybody know what to do about this?

> > Wilfried Rutjes

GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

Post by Wilfried Rutje » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Noah,

I even unchecked the option "list in search window" but that didn't help
either.

Wilfried Rutjes.

> What verison of GroupWise?  What version of Windows? Go to the Server
panel
> in Options and uncheck any of the Synchronize With Server options (so that
> you can at least use GW and PGP until we can fix the larger problem).

> > Yesterday I installed PGP 6.5.3 on my computer, with GroupWise snap-in.
In
> > the menubar I get 3 new icons for PGP.

> > When I make a messages and click on encrypting and then on send the
> > following happens.

> > I get a dialogbox with the text: Searching for PGP keys that match
> > recepients. There is a bar for 20% filled. This dialogbox stays on for
> hours
> > if you don't close it. When I close it I have to close GroupWise with
the
> > CTRL-ALT-DEL method, because GW is dead.

> > Does anybody know what to do about this?

> > Wilfried Rutjes

GroupWise and PGP searching for PGP keys

Post by Wilfried Rutje » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Here some more information.

It also happens that when I don't force GW to go down thet Windows shuts the
program doen Exception error.

I see it in dutch but i'll try to translate it to Englisch. GRPWISE has made
an exception eedfadeH in module SENDTPH.DLL. And that is after I stopped the
sending of the message wich I was supposed to encrypt.

Hope this helps.

Wilfried Rutjes

> What verison of GroupWise?  What version of Windows? Go to the Server
panel
> in Options and uncheck any of the Synchronize With Server options (so that
> you can at least use GW and PGP until we can fix the larger problem).

> > Yesterday I installed PGP 6.5.3 on my computer, with GroupWise snap-in.
In
> > the menubar I get 3 new icons for PGP.

> > When I make a messages and click on encrypting and then on send the
> > following happens.

> > I get a dialogbox with the text: Searching for PGP keys that match
> > recepients. There is a bar for 20% filled. This dialogbox stays on for
> hours
> > if you don't close it. When I close it I have to close GroupWise with
the
> > CTRL-ALT-DEL method, because GW is dead.

> > Does anybody know what to do about this?

> > Wilfried Rutjes

1. PGP 8.0 Enterprise: PGP standards for key creation process

Has anyone come across (or developed) a set of standards for rolling
out the PGP 8.0 Enterprise products? I'm currently involved with a PGP
eval and we'd like to do our build "by the book" if there is one.

The PGP documentation is fairly high-level and does not contain much
guidance on best practices for key creation, splitting/sharing and
rejoining.

for example one question we have is: if we split the Corp signing key
and it is held by three people, when do those people need to re-join
the key? Is it only when the Corp Key is modified? Or do they have to
re-join it every time the key is used by the system (that would be a
big pain in the ass if every email needs to be certified as coming
from our domain and therefore needs to be signed by the Corp signing
key).

anyone with a clue please speak up as the PGP docs are lacking and
they want us to pay for tech support on our eval. which kind of hurts
their chances of making a sale IMHO.

-ben

2. dynamically sized matrices in simulink and real-time workshop

3. how 2 pgp keys in pgp disk

4. InterCon's PPP software

5. Help: cannot open pgp keys (pgp 6.0.2)

6. Seagate DOES default WCE "on" on some drives, "off" on others!

7. PGP needs a large-scale trusted PGP key signer/server

8. Request to leave Exploder...

9. Can I use PGP 2.6.2's key in PGP 5.5.3?

10. PGP 2.6.2 keys and PGP 5.5.3

11. DOS PGP Won't Add PGP 5.0 Public Key

12. How PGP Signed Keys Work (Was: How PGP Works)

13. PGP 5.0 Freeware: Key validation and PGP.INI?