MacPGP

Post by Alex Navar » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Can someone tell me what the latest or best version of Mac PGP is?  Right
now I am using 2.6.2.  Thanks.

- A

MacPGP

Post by Ed Sto » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Can someone tell me what the latest or best version of Mac PGP is?  Right
> now I am using 2.6.2.  Thanks.

> - A

Try "The Mac-PGP Resource Page" at http://pgp.rivertown.net/macpgp.html

It has good MacPGP links, including to the MacPGP 2.6.3. home page ("This
page contains instructions on how to obtain FatMacPGP 2.6.3, the most
recent version of MacPGP, optimized for PowerMacs (as well as M68K macs
with a 68020CPU or better))"

-------------------------------
Ed Stone

remove "-birdname" spam avoider
-------------------------------

MacPGP

Post by Ron Parso » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Can someone tell me what the latest or best version of Mac PGP is?  Right
>now I am using 2.6.2.  Thanks.

The latest I've seen reported is MacPGP 6.0 but I have not tried it and
don't know what enhancements it offers.

I tried the freeware version of MacPGP 5.5,  but it doesn't handle the RSA
of MacPGP 2.6.2 so I backed off to MacPGP 5.0 and it works just fine with
both old and new.

There are also commercial versions which may offer features lacking in the
freeware.

Ron

1. MacPGP help, please!

Hello all,

I generated my current keypair on WinNT 4.0 using PGP 5.0.  It's DH, not
RSA.  Everything used to work dandy, though I haven't needed to use it
in a while.  I just got an iMac, and I installed PGP 6.0.2 on it and
tried to make my keypair work with this.  I tried both ways: importing
the keypair from another keyring, and setting my keyrings as the old
keyrings (copied into the right place and then set using the
preferences).

At worst, PGP has thought that there was no private key available.  At
best, PGP seems to recognize my passphrase but doesn't proceed with the
decryption -- I know it recognizes the passphrase, because if I type in
something different it complains.

I'm technical, though not a security expert.  I've checked everything
that seems available from the menus (setting the key as the default,
enabling it, disabling it then enabling it, deleting it and reimporting
it, changing various preferences back and forth).  The key shows up as
"0/1024" for DH/DSS bit length, which seems wrong, too.

Anyone used the Mac version and encountered this problem?  Or ideas,
period?

newsgroup.

Thanks in advance for any help!

-RD

2. FS4000 and mechanical noise

3. Uncompleteness of language module for MacPGP

4. LDragAndDrop question

5. MacPGP and ResEdit ?

6. c++

7. Help! Can't get MacPGP to work!

8. Whence eCOS

9. Error in MacPGP 263's AppleScript dictionnary

10. MacPGP 2.6.2 support?

11. Which MacPGP for PowerMac ?

12. MacPGP2.6.2 verses MacPGP 2.6.3

13. MacPGP.pm