Upgrading to 1.2.2

Post by MB » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 10:39:43

Hi!

I'm new to Linux and I'm new to GPG, so this could also be mainly a Linux
question. (Although I've been using PGP for years now.) I am trying to
upgrade the GnuPG v. 1.0.7 in RedHat 8.0 to 1.2.2. I untarred the tar.gz
file from gnupg.org site. I followed the install instructions:

cd into the directory containing the source ./configure
make
make install

Everything goes through without a hitch, but my gpg is still the old
version. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss a step or something?

Thanks in advance!

MB

merlotbuzz at yahoo dot com

Upgrading to 1.2.2

Post by Frederic Woodbrid » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:05:25

> Everything goes through without a hitch, but my gpg is still the old
> version. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss a step or something?

> Thanks in advance!

> MB

You may have installed the newer gpg in a location not in the PATH.
Try the "find" command to locate where the executables are.

-F