SURVEY: If you did compile Scramdisk source code ? 2nd post

Post by Tom St Deni » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:37:20

> SURVEY: If you did compile Scramdisk source code ?    2nd post

> The survey questions for you:
> ===============================
> [ Y/N ] Do you program in C language professionally [ for profit ] ?
> [ Y/N ] Did you check encryption security of any other software before ?
> [ Y/N ] Did you check ALL code from the latest ver of Scramdisk ?
> [ Y/N ] Did you compile code to create final version of Scramdisk ?
> [ Y/N ] Did you compile code to create VXD Scramdisk driver ?
> [ Y/N ] Did you compare [ bit by bit ] downloaded executable & VXD driver,
>         with your compiled version ?
> [ Y/N ] When you compared them, is downloaded Scramdisk software SECURE ?

Obviously you're a nut case.  What if I answered yes to all of those.  How
do you know I am not lying?  You've asked questions that don't answer what
you want.

 Please reply to my email address

Quote:> nycrem <AT> nym <DOT> alias <DOT> net

Quote:> This survey request would be re-posted every 3 days.
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please don't.  Make a geocities page or something and give out the URL
instead.  For those that care...

Quote:> I would be posting here the ongoing results of this survey on the same
> day the new re-post would be due [ in 3 days intervals ].

Please don't.

Quote:> Thank you for participation in this survey.

You're welcome.

Quote:> Happy remailing in private & secure environments.
> Nycrem <AT> phreaker <DOT> net remailer admin.

Tom

SURVEY: If you did compile Scramdisk source code ? 2nd post

Post by Robert J. Hanse » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:41:36

Quote:> Obviously you're a nut case.  What if I answered yes to all of those.

While I've often emphatically disagreed with you in the past, Tom, I have
to say that this time you've hit the nail on the head.  Any self-selecting
survey is automatically suspect even if the respondents answer honestly;
and without any mechanism to ensure honest responses, the survey is
utterly meaningless.

Post by Tom St Deni » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:17:39

Quote:> > Obviously you're a nut case.  What if I answered yes to all of those.

> While I've often emphatically disagreed with you in the past, Tom, I have
> to say that this time you've hit the nail on the head.  Any self-selecting
> survey is automatically suspect even if the respondents answer honestly;
> and without any mechanism to ensure honest responses, the survey is
> utterly meaningless.

True, and the survey doesn't answer a meaningful question

"Is my copy tainted?"

It could be that the webserver sent me a real copy and him a fake copy.

Then I could answer truthfully and still not be helpful.

Tom

1. SURVEY: If you did compile Scramdisk source code ? 3rd post

2. Errors messages

3. 2ND POST -- SURVEY

4. Keeping up with the latest versions

5. SURVEY ON MESSAGE-ORIENTED MIDDLEWARE (please respond, 2nd post)

6. Unable to perform a site reset - need help Urgent

7. SDRAM EXPERT NEEDED (GA586TX3) !!

8. 2nd survey 2nd within two weeks!

9. 2nd post: Chars lost by DOS Ker under OS/2 during macros

10. Source Code! Source Code!