PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

Post by Susa » Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:23:32

Hi,
I have created a pgp disk with PGP 8.0 (or 8.0.2... I don't remember). Then
I burned the file on a cd and I reinstalled my Windows after a format. (I
used top-class cd (Plextor A+ TWP 4); I burned with my LiteON 48x24x48 at
16x and checked with original file)
Now when I try to access to my pgpdisk it sayes:
PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid
PGPDisk"
I tryed to copy the file from cd to hd and to chmod by giving all
permissions, but nothing.
I tryed to install first PGP 8.0.2, and then PGP 8.0, but nothing....
And now? What can I do?

Thanks

Susa

PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

Post by Susa » Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:27:24

I want to add that all others pgpdisks I've made before (with version 6 and
7) are all openable.
Mistery!

Susa

PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid PGPDisk"

Post by Gamma300 » Fri, 08 Aug 2003 03:59:09

Quote:> Hi,
> I have created a pgp disk with PGP 8.0 (or 8.0.2... I don't remember).
Then
> I burned the file on a cd and I reinstalled my Windows after a format. (I
> used top-class cd (Plextor A+ TWP 4); I burned with my LiteON 48x24x48 at
> 16x and checked with original file)
> Now when I try to access to my pgpdisk it sayes:
> PGPdisk Mount failed because: "this file does not appear to be a valid
> PGPDisk"
> I tryed to copy the file from cd to hd and to chmod by giving all
> permissions, but nothing.
> I tryed to install first PGP 8.0.2, and then PGP 8.0, but nothing....
> And now? What can I do?

Did you check that the file worked immediatly after burning it?

Check the CD for scratches etc. Also try decrypting on another users
computer.

Whenever I make a backup of any file, I sign it, so that if it corrupts then
I can tell - the signature will be bad. Worth a note for future.

1. SQL select count(*) from "myTable" failed : Relation "mytable" does not exist

What do these errors mean? I get them on certain databases when trying to view
table data in webmin's postgresql module. I don't think its Webmin specific.
The databases in question are often exported from Access XP using
pgAdmin 1.4.2 and the migration plugin (and imported using psql -f), but I
also saw it happen sometimes on a fresh phpgroupware database.

Here's a specific example:

SQL select count(*) from "xCompany" failed : Relation "xcompany" does not exist

Does the difference in case have anything to do with it?

Is there a general script or procedure I can run to check table lint like this?

Thanks.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

2. test 100% xA 005

3. PGPdisk error: "corrupt data"

4. Info on PowerPC & OrangeMicro Card needed

5. PGPdisk 7.02, "incorrect passphrase, Please Try again Error"

6. Can't compile C++ program with gcc

7. PGPdisk, Mac 68K edition, "expired"

8. Dialog box"File format is not valid",how to solve

10. Possible to "mount" a DOS file system under Minix?

11. K7s5a """"ich krieg die KRIESE"""""

12. Out of "System Handles" in WFWG, not "file handles"- HELP