signed and encrypted pgp message vs. encrpted only

Post by Thomas J. Boschlo » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 22:26:00

--
Kittenbirds - You, me and Jesus: "I love your hair it's just so long"

1. PGP 5.0 encrypting, not signing news messages..

I'm having some difficulties with signing newsgroup messages (Linux, slrn
& PGP 5.0i) - on some occasions instead of signing the messages (a small
macro invoking pgps -ta -o .followup-body) it often does one of two things:

1)
Appears to work OK, but encrypt the message (to me it seems) instead of signing
it
2)
Give a message after writing that a "SizeAdvise Promise not kept" - thus the
end of the (otherwise signed) message is deleted.

Is this a not-uncommon occurrence? It's a major PITA and I'd be interested to
hear of anyone else with a similar experience, or even better a fix/workaround.

TIA,
Michael Fleming.

--
Michael Fleming -=(UDIC)=- / Mallet Wielder
PGP Keys from homepage or keyservers

2. Consulting

3. Outlook automatic PGP sign/encrypt ONLY IF I have all users' keys

4. Eudora 6b18 (Mac) Mail Drawer

5. Using PGP to encrypting and signing or decrypting a text file via Visual Basic

6. UN-Removable?

7. paper on defective 'sign and encrypt' in pgp

8. Backmaster and Shoeshining, an interesting tale.

9. Question about replying to PGP encrypted messages

10. Outlook 2002 won't decrypt PGP-encrypted message

11. What about sending encrypted messages to someone without PGP

12. here is a message that I'm encrypting - passcode = pgp

13. Word wrap on clear signed messages from PGP 8.0 using plug-in