PGP users list on PGP server

Post by Ad » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:23:47

Does anyone know if there is any way to export or print the list of
users from the PGP server, we are trying to get the list of users from
our PGP server so as to send them emails but we cannot find a way to
do it.

PGP users list on PGP server

Post by James Presto » Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:40:00

PGP users list on PGP server

Post by Hann » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:12:17

PGP users list on PGP server

Post by David Ros » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:23:48

> Does anyone know if there is any way to export or print the list of
> users from the PGP server, we are trying to get the list of users from
> our PGP server so as to send them emails but we cannot find a way to
> do it.

For a key server with a small database, just do a query on the

not work for several reasons:

1.  Public key servers contain more than a million keys, but any
query is cut off at about 3,000.

2.  Keys cannot be deleted from a public key server.  (Yes, you
can delete a key from certain particular servers; but the next
time any of those servers synchronizes with others, the key will
reappear.)  The keys with obsolete user IDs might outnumber the
keys with valid IDs.

3.  If, as others suspect, you plan to do this to create a spam
list, beware.  PGP users include some of the most knowledgeable
computer professionals.  The more mild-mannered victims of such a
spam attack will merely have your account canceled.  Others, will
track you down (no matter how thoroughly you use forged headers),
hack into your own computer, and do some serious damage.  The most
outraged victims will hack into your bank accounts and drain you
dry.  A few might even uncover your home address and physically
confront you.  DON'T TRY IT!

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.vcnet.com/~rossde/>.

Concerned about someone snooping into your E-mail?
Use PGP.  See my <http://www.vcnet.com/~rossde/pgp.html>

PGP users list on PGP server

Post by ap » Fri, 22 Nov 2002 17:03:51

Already done that but for a different reason. I live in the UK where
there is a law that forces users of public key cryptography to
disclose their keys upon demand. Failure to comply results in a 2 year
jail sentence. Telling anyone you have been served with such a notice
incurs FIVE years in jail. Hence it is not in the interest of people
in the UK to advertise too heavily that they use public key crypto.

PGP users list on PGP server

Post by Thomas J. Boschlo » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:04:35

> Does anyone know if there is any way to export or print the list of
> users from the PGP server, we are trying to get the list of users from
> our PGP server so as to send them emails but we cannot find a way to
> do it.

pgp -kv ?? If you know the format of the output you can harvest the
e-mail addresses with even a very simple program. RFC 822 should have
the format of an e-mail address. I could code you such a simple program
up in an hour or three..

Thomas
--
Douglas Adams, 1978: "The Greek ferry timetables are the greatest work
of sublime fiction ever written this century".

1. PGP messages sent to non-PGP users?

Recently, I purchased McAfee Office Pro 2000 to send encrypted business
email. It was my understanding that commercial PGP products offered the
ability to send PGP messages to recipients WITHOUT PGP installed, using a
pre-arranged password to open the message. Don't the commercial versions of
PGP offered this? Or, is there a downloadable upgrade to realize this
functionality?

2. Urgent RIP version 1 and Cisco 2610

3. comp.security.pgp.discuss and other PGP news/mailing lists ?

4. Printing a file which contains graphics.

5. PGP needs a large-scale trusted PGP key signer/server

6. Where do I start??

7. PGP 5.5 under WinNT - can′t connect to any PGP-Server

8. Oriental looking fonts available??

9. PGP-Users mail list down?

10. PGP users mail list?

11. PGP-LIST USERS IMPORTANT