PGP on posts

Post by Dav » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:56:10

I have noticed PGP signed posts on here (google). Can someone tell me
how this is done, are the posts sent by some 3rd party news program
with PGP?

Thanks for the help.

PGP on posts

Post by Frod » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 21:56:11

PGP on posts

Post by Gamma300 » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 06:45:05

> > I have noticed PGP signed posts on here (google). Can someone tell me
> > how this is done, are the posts sent by some 3rd party news program
> > with PGP?

> A lot use different programs, obviously. I don't have any statistics but I
> would be surprised if the majority of usenet posters did it via the web as
> opposed to OE or whatever.

> Anyways, for those that do use web interfaces to post news, it'd be
> something like this: Write message. Make sure the text window is active.
> Click PGP icon in systray. Choose Current Window and Sign. PGP grabs the
> contents of the window, signs it and pastes it back into the window in
> signed form.

Or if you don't have that, copy the text onto the clipboard, sign the
clipboard, then paste the signed message back into the window.

1. Posting with PGP

2. Jobsbridge - System & Network Admin Jobs Update 7th Oct

3. PGP Encrypted Data via SSL and HTTPS Post

4. Connecting Laptop and desktop with ethernet without a Hub

5. please post MD5 hush of pgp_sdk.dll v171 827,392 kb, part of pgp v651 [ mit ]

6. Upgrading my SCSI cards ...?

7. Anyway to remove posted keys from PGP servers?

8. Taglines v1.13 (StrongArm version)

9. Posting histogram, Author, comp.security.pgp.discuss

10. could someone post public key that is tempered & pgp will not detect it ?

11. Posting histogram, Author, comp.security.pgp.discuss