PGP and signing email in Outlook 2000

Post by Scott S. Atki » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:32:28

Greetings!

I recently set my PGP (version 6.5.8) to sign each outgoing email
automatically.  Well, I have to enter my pass phrase of course, but
you know what I mean...

Anyway, now people are asking me why I send them blank emails... they
get the subject line, and any attachments, but the body of the message
is blank.  When I check my "sent" messages folder, the emails I sent
seem to be normal, PGP signed messages; yet several people are telling
me that they are getting the blank emails.

Any ideas?

--
Be Safe!
1*

Scott S. Atkins
Torrance, CA

Replace "nospam" with "socal" to send me email
Encrypted email welcome!
PGP DH/DSS Public Key:
<http://www.veryComputer.com/:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x55366038>
PGP RSA Public Key:
<http://www.veryComputer.com/:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1CE394C3>

"By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meets
the definition of a telephone fax machine.  By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is
unlawful to send any unsolicited adverti*t to such equipment.  By
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500,
whichever is greater, for each violation."

1. PGP PS 7.0.3 Outlook Express and Outlook 2000 Plugin Questions

I have PGP Personal Security, 7.0.3, hotfix 1, installed on a WindowsME
system. I also have installed both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express 5.5.
There are some PGP behavior inconsistencies with the plugins for these apps,
and I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for
resolving them, if possible.

The PGP plugin for Outlook added a PGP menu that appears in both the general
tool bar and the message tool bar and allows me to specifically mark for
signing or encrypting each message individually. The plugin for OE, on the
other hand, simply created a menu that only launches the more generic PGP
keys or PGP options from the general tool bar, and there is not a PGP menu
in each individual message's tool bar.

This is a little irritating, because in order to conveniently sign most of
my OE messages, I need to have the PGP option "Sign new messages by default"
selected. In order to NOT sign an individual message, I need to remember to
turn OFF this option before beginning the message in the first place. In
Outlook, this isn't a problem because I can unselect "sign message" from the
PGP menu in the message toolbar.

Hmmm. I feel like I'm not being very clear, here. I guess what I'm after is,
did I install the plugins correctly, or is this in fact the way the plugin
for OE works with 7.0.3?

Thanks,
Greg

2. Merlin Eats up my Hard Drive.

3. Outlook 2000 and MSN sign-in screen

4. Ambiguous Operator Overloading

5. Possible Bug in PGP 6.0 and Outlook/OE Plug-ins

6. Thin Client Question!

7. PGP and Outlook 2000 message files (.msg)

8. Question on NetGear Router/Comcast for w4csc@hosed.com

9. Which PGP version with Win2000 & Outlook 2000??

10. Bug PGP 703 + Outlook 2000

11. PGP 7.0.3 causes consistent crashes with Outlook 2000/Exchange mode...

12. pgp freeware and Outlook 2000

13. PGP 6.5.1 + Outlook 2000 + Autodecrypt