VB And PGP 7.0.3

Post by Scot » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 22:46:43

Does anyone know how to access PGP 7.0.3 from VB to encrypt/decrypt files.
I've done some searching about how to do this and most methods seem to
involve shelling out to the command-line version of PGP.  Problem is, so far
as I can tell, PGP 7.0.3 has no such command-line interface.  I know its
possible to download a freeware version of the command-line interface but it
is strictly for non-commercial use and the program that I have to write is
for my employer so the freeware version is not an option.  Is there a
commercial version available that supports the command-line interface that I
just don't know about or is there some other way (OCX, DLL?)

Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can provide.

Scott

VB And PGP 7.0.3

Post by Rober » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:06:03

"Scott"  wrote

Quote:> Does anyone know how to access PGP 7.0.3 from VB to encrypt/decrypt files.
> I've done some searching about how to do this and most methods seem to
> involve shelling out to the command-line version of PGP.  Problem is, so
far
> as I can tell, PGP 7.0.3 has no such command-line interface.  I know its
> possible to download a freeware version of the command-line interface but
it
> is strictly for non-commercial use and the program that I have to write is
> for my employer so the freeware version is not an option.  Is there a
> commercial version available that supports the command-line interface that
> just don't know about or is there some other way (OCX, DLL?)

SPGP, A DLL providing a higher level access to the SDK, don't think PGP
7.x.x is supported though (as yet),

http://www.oz.net/~srheller/spgp/

You will have more choice if you use something other than VB.

VB And PGP 7.0.3

Post by Wilhelm Tel » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 17:24:24

I don't know if it also works for V7.0.3, but for V6.5.8
you can find an interesting wrapper at
http://community.wow.net/grt/nsdpgp.html

Best regards.
                                   Wilhelm Tell/Switzerland