HELP: PGP Disk 700MB NTFS doesn't work but 500MB does????

HELP: PGP Disk 700MB NTFS doesn't work but 500MB does????

Post by Lars Johansso » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:18:24

Hello
I have a problem with a PGP Disk and I'm using PGP 6.5.8. It's a 700MB large
PGP Disk, formatted with NTFS, which I can't access.

The disk is created with Win2k (Pro SP2) and the file has been working in
that machine. Now I upgraded that machine to Win XP and I thought that I
just open the disk from another computer, running an OS supporting PGP but
that is just impossible.

I've tried to open the file from a Win2K Server (SP2), Win2k Pro (SP2) and
NT 4 Workstation (SP6) but I always get the same error message "The PGPdisk
does not appear to be formatted. Do you want to format it now?".

Tried using a backup but it's the same problem.

I also have a 500MB PGPDisk formatted with NTFS wich works just fine in the
OS mentioned above. (Not in Win XP but that is the understandable). But why
wont the 700MB file work?

I've downloaded the PGPDisk 7.01 (?) trial ware but the result is also the
same.

I can modify the 700MB file, changing pass phrase adding keys and so on but
I can't open it without the error message.

I've (now) read that there are problems with PGP Disk and the disk formatted
with NTFS and large volumes but I haven't seen any resolutions to the
problem.

I you have any ideas please send me your thoughts.

TIA
Lars Johansson

1. Help My PGP 6.0 doesn't work anymore

I have been running PGP6 with OE plugins quite happily for some time. I
tried the Internet Explorer public beta2 and OE5 and now get an error
message that PGP needs a later version of COMCTL32.dll, but I have the
latest version (22/10/98). I uninstalled OE5 (which didn't work!) back to OE
that was with Internet Explorer 4.01 (although I running IE5 now) and I
still get the same error message and I can't get PGP to work at all.
Anyone any suggestions?

Cedric Woodhall
Essex UK

2. Revo and Siemens SL45

3. Minix-386.vm keyboard [ should be 'Demo disk doesn't work..']

4. Default printer...

5. The Zone doesn't work even when it isn't working

6. Lords of Midnight

7. mouting pc card as dos file system in Neutrino - doesn't work!

8. Requests for Information on ELIZA and Artificial Life

9. ZIP 250 w/4.25 ?doesn't see DOS disks

10. Parallel port interrupt (IRQ7) doesn't work in DOS window

11. PGP doesn't work with W2k?

12. pgp doesn't work.

13. PGP signature doesn't work with msexchange