Help: Adding Keys to PGP 2.6.3ia from Keyserver

Help: Adding Keys to PGP 2.6.3ia from Keyserver

Post by Mountain Bike » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I tried to add Stale Schumacher's 1024 bit RSA key from the Keyserver to PGP
2.6.3.ia's public keyring.
The Key ID is CCEF447D.

I want to make sure that my copy of PGP263ia has not been tampered with.

When I try to add the key I get the message "Unsupported Packet Format - You
need a newer version of PGP for this file"

Why do I get the message?? I am just trying to add an RSA key??

I didn't think there were differences in RSA keys.

Pse anyone have any ideas?

Help: Adding Keys to PGP 2.6.3ia from Keyserver

Post by Mountain Bike » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Here is some more Info..
The key was added okay but all the signatures were not..
I only get the message "Unsupported Packet Format - You
need a newer version of PGP for this file"

Why is this happening??

Quote:> I tried to add Stale Schumacher's 1024 bit RSA key from the Keyserver to
PGP

Post by DigitAl5 » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>Here is some more Info..
>The key was added okay but all the signatures were not..
>I only get the message "Unsupported Packet Format - You
>need a newer version of PGP for this file"

>Why is this happening??

You have exported the keys in a file format which your version of PGP can not
read. As new versions are released the file format may change from time to time
but your PGP always tries to read them the same way.

If you are exporting keys from 6.x or higher make sure "Include 6.0 Extensions"
is disabled.

Help: Adding Keys to PGP 2.6.3ia from Keyserver

Post by Otto Syko » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

could it be that the key you wanted to add was also signed by some DH
key??

otto

Otto Sykora
Basel,Switzerland

1. Error Regstering Public Keys with PGP 2.6.3ia

I try to save some friends Public Keys in my KeyFile, but PGP 2.6.3ia says
that an error occurs.

What is the command i must use?
--
Michel Levy-Proven?al

WWW: http://www.mygale.org/~lpmichel

2. Win 95 next Month! Se

3. PGP 2.6.3ia question about key creation

4. Redefining dialing phone numbers

5. PGP 2.6.3ia-multi05a

6. World Wide Free Internet Access .

7. new PGP 2.6.3ia-multi06 and SHA2.DLL (for GPG)

8. AUC TeX and OEmacs

9. PGP version 2.6.3ia-multi03

10. PGP 2.6.3ia - BATCHMODE

11. PGP 2.6.3ia-c (supports CAST5)

12. PGP 2.6.3ia-multi (supports IDEA,CAST5,BLOWFISH,AES128,MD5,SHA1)

13. PGP 2.6.3ia-cb (now supports CAST5 and BLOWFISH)