MSDN online problems

Post by David Schalle » Sat, 14 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I have been using MSDN online for some time now.  About 4 weeks ago I
was not able to perform a search online.  When I enter in the search
info ("dll" for example) the results are:

  The search for dll in the category, MSDN Online, found no
               matching records.

I tried this same query on three other machines in my office.  1 other
gave me the same error,  the other 2 worked (results were returned).

I tried to register again.  This did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?

BTW I tried to call Microsoft after being transferred to 3 different
numbers I got the following 800 line from one of the support people:
800-360-5550.   This line has been busy for 5 days now.  I was told this
is some sort of MSDN Web support line.

-~-~
Dave Schaller    3M   (00-1) 203-949-6417

1. Access MSDN Online Problems

I have 3 systems with Windows 98 & IE4.01 Sp1 installed. Problem: Screen
freeze when I go to MSDN online. This problem
going to other internet addresses.
I have change around the Security and the Advance setting in
IE4.01 with the same results. Still screen freeze.
I have tried reinstalling Windows 98.

I have another system with Windows NT 4.0 sp3 & IE3.02 installed.
There is no problem on this system.
Can someone point me in the right direction.

James Parks

2. Dangerously low resources / shutdown failure

3. MSDN Library vs MSDN Knowledgebase Online

4. Experience with Toshiba 3 1/2 inch double sided drives?

5. MSDN Subscriptions Library vs. MSDN online

6. Announcement: Release of Virtual Vault!

7. Problems accessing MSDN online

8. Problem with WPS

9. MSDN "Online Books" Setup Problem

10. Problems connecting to MSDN online with MSIE4.01

11. problems with membership wizard for MSDN Online!!!

12. msdn online registration problem

13. MSDN OnLine Registration... Pain in the #!#$@